Don't call the cops, cause they ain't coming.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I can’t believe I’m even responding to this but I will. You have to be in fear for yourself or others to put it simply. You can not shoot someone for forcing entry into an unoccupied vehicle and using that for the only reason. All I’m going to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Well isn't it the same as that recent case when that Female cop in texas shot that guy who was in her apartment, but then it turned out she accidentally was in HIS appartment, and she just shot him for being there! And she got away with it! She just THOUGHT he was simply existing unlawfully on her property. I think you can shoot intruders man, regardless of whether or not they are actually physically attacking you, and since your car is also your property, and is parked on your property, I think the same applies to someone trying to pry open your car door. I think the same goes for if someone breaks into your house, if someone kicks in your door, you can just start shooting, as long as they don't yell "POLICE" just start shooting man. Now if they are just walking across your lawn you can't shoot them, they aren't trying to committing a felony or breaking into anything.

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I can’t believe I’m even responding to this but I will. You have to be in fear for yourself or others to put it simply. You can not shoot someone for forcing entry into an unoccupied vehicle and using that for the only reason. All I’m going to say. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This. Period.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I can’t believe I’m even responding to this but I will. You have to be in fear for yourself or others to put it simply. You can not shoot someone for forcing entry into an unoccupied vehicle and using that for the only reason. All I’m going to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And I was on the Jury where it was a residence where a former inhabitant was killed! This was after the cops put them out weeks before and told take everything they wanted. He came in after pushing a Window A/C unit inside to gain entry.
    911 was called while it went on he was trying to kill her and had beaten the 2 small kids and was beating her followed by hands around the neck. She cut him over 12 times bad and he was bleeding out. And died.
    Things The D/A said were Intent! And Excessive Force
    We were in deliberation over 3 days! A Jury of Your Peers? No way No How. But she was alive..........
    BTW the dead guy was high as a kite and did not stop till dead. Even her mother beating him with a cast iron on while getting cut up was no match

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well isn't it the same as that recent case when that Female cop in texas shot that guy who was in her apartment, but then it turned out she accidentally was in HIS appartment, and she just shot him for being there! And she got away with it! She just THOUGHT he was simply existing unlawfully on her property. I think you can shoot intruders man, regardless of whether or not they are actually physically attacking you, and since your car is also your property, and is parked on your property, I think the same applies to someone trying to pry open your car door. I think the same goes for if someone breaks into your house, if someone kicks in your door, you can just start shooting, as long as they don't yell "POLICE" just start shooting man. Now if they are just walking across your lawn you can't shoot them, they aren't trying to committing a felony or breaking into anything.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but everything you are saying is factually incorrect.

The now ex-cop (her name is Amber) was convicted of /Murder/ for the situation that you described above. She will spend the rest of her life in prison because of a lapse in judgement that yielded in a very bad mistake.

In Louisiana, deadly force CANNOT be used solely to protect property. If someone is breaking into a dwelling/structure/vehicle that YOU ARE PHYSICALLY in - or another person is physically in, deadily force can be used to protect the individual.

If someone is breaking into your car or shed, you cannot legally use a firearm to stop them. Again, deadily force cannot be used solely to protect property.

The law makes it clear. Morally it should be clear that property is not more valuable than a person's life, even if they are some ******* criminal.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    http://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=78338

RS 14:20 4(a)
    A homicide is justifiable : (4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40) when the conflict began, against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.

Yes, unless I can't read you can absolutely shoot someone breaking into your car at night, and they won't leave otherwise.

If you are IN YOUR CAR and they are breaking into your car, deadily force is a permissive option.
    If you are IN YOUR HOUSE and they are breaking into your house, deadily force is a permissive option.

It makes it very clear in the above section of the Justifiable homiside law, which you quoted a segment of, that you must be LAWFULLY INSIDE the structure.

If you are in structure, dwelling, or vehicle A and someone is breaking into structure, dwelling, or vehicle B (which you are not in), it would not be considered justfiable homicide.

Call the cops then call your insurance company after the fact. Oh, and don't keep valuables in a vehicle. Vehicles aren't safes.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I mean this in the nicest way possible, but everything you are saying is factually incorrect.

The now ex-cop (her name is Amber) was convicted of /Murder/ for the situation that you described above. She will spend the rest of her life in prison because of a lapse in judgement that yielded in a very bad mistake.

In Louisiana, deadly force CANNOT be used solely to protect property. If someone is breaking into a dwelling/structure/vehicle that YOU ARE PHYSICALLY in - or another person is physically in, deadily force can be used to protect the individual.

If someone is breaking into your car or shed, you cannot legally use a firearm to stop them. Again, deadily force cannot be used solely to protect property.

The law makes it clear. Morally it should be clear that property is not more valuable than a person's life, even if they are some ******* criminal.
    Well, not exactly, not unless they changed her sentence of 10 years, which will prolly burn down to 4-5 years? Idk, if she’s 31 now, lemme do the math here... yeah, no. Not the rest of her life. Not unless a shot caller says so.
    The rest I agree with. Kinda. You can indeed legally use a firearm to stop a crime on your property. Holding them at gunpoint is a good use of a firearm. And if they attack you while you have them at gunpoint, I’m pretty sure you can defend yourself. But you are likely to face charges if you just walk out the house and blast somebody for breaking in your shed or truck or whatever..
    My how times have changed.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well, not exactly, not unless they changed her sentence of 10 years, which will prolly burn down to 4-5 years? Idk, if she’s 31 now, lemme do the math here... yeah, no. Not the rest of her life. Not unless a shot caller says so.
    The rest I agree with. Kinda. You can indeed legally use a firearm to stop a crime on your property. Holding them at gunpoint is a good use of a firearm. And if they attack you while you have them at gunpoint, I’m pretty sure you can defend yourself. But you are likely to face charges if you just walk out the house and blast somebody for breaking in your shed or truck or whatever..
    My how times have changed.

You are correct, I didn't follow it after she was convicted. Last I had seen, the sentence was 5 to 100 years, or something like that. I'm surprised she only got ten.

You can use a firearm to stop a crime, but you cannot shoot someone for breaking into your truck when you aren't in it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Legal or not I’m not gonna hot someone just for burgling my truck. I’m gonna stop them but they are going to have to make me shoot them.

Some people think it's okay to shoot someone for doing wrong to them, regardless of the legality, because they can't think of anything beyond "it's my stuff."

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    Let me offer what I think I would do.

If I am heading outside for a noise in the night, I am armed. Hell, I don't even answer the doorbell or a knock at the front door without my pistol in my hand behind my back. If I happen upon a person physically breaking into my vehicle, I will aim my weapon at the burglar and yell very loudly and clearly, and directly at him; "Get your hands up and step away from the vehicle!" If he tells me to get screwed, I will announce again; "Step away from the vehicle or I will shoot you!" If the thief threatens me with a weapon, I feel that I have the Right to defend myself at that point. If he doesn't threaten me with a weapon, and if my threat to him doesn't work, I am going inside, holstering my pistol, and brandishing a blunt object. I will then proceed to crack him in the knee or elbow with enough force to break him in pieces. If he fights back, he gets it in the head! If he continues, I am going for the pistol.

See, this is the dilemma. The law clearly states that you do not have to surrender your private property to any would be thief, but if you shoot them for theft, you will more than likely face charges. So, I would rather face an aggravated assault charge than a murder charge. But NO ONE is stealing my stuff right in front of me!

But that is what I believe would be my recourse.

Next!?!

Calmly walk to hose with the nozzle, Spray automatic 2000, you purchased from amazon. Attach orange die device on Spray automatic 2000. Turn setting past jet stream to danger zone jet stream. Aim at suspect. Depress on switch. Hold stream on suspect until he leaves your property. Helpful hint: If suspecy reaches for a weapon or a perceived weapon or if you are low on coffee supplies, aim for suspects face or genital area.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine

I have lived 40+ minutes from the nearest police station in a mountainous region growing up. We kept guns close at hand and a very large rottweiler that was fairly well trained. Had two men try to break in one day after school: they were lazy criminals as they drive all the way up the driveway. They met me with my 12 gauge and my pooch as they checked tried the side door: never seen anyone move that fast as they fled. Guessing their underoos were well seasoned after that incident. I'm just glad I didn't have to shoot them and let my dog chew on them for an hour before the sheriff showed up. We are the people, we are the government. Don't rely on anyone because they are always minutes away when seconds count.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I think a lot of the Gun community influencers are becoming more and more ridiculous lately.

i use to like and follow Guys like Mrgunsngear, military arms channel and iraqivet888.

but lately they are all going off the deep end. And becoming ever increasingly Anti-law enforcement. mrgunsngear a few months back even posted on his IG about actively killing LE. And IQVET888 posting that all LEOs are bad. And a lot of their looney toon followers are encouraging it. Getting frankly disgusting.

and we have a Republican in office non the less but the anti Leo and anti gov sentiment seems worse now then when Obama was in office.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    If you are IN YOUR CAR and they are breaking into your car, deadily force is a permissive option.
    If you are IN YOUR HOUSE and they are breaking into your house, deadily force is a permissive option.

It makes it very clear in the above section of the Justifiable homiside law, which you quoted a segment of, that you must be LAWFULLY INSIDE the structure.

If you are in structure, dwelling, or vehicle A and someone is breaking into structure, dwelling, or vehicle B (which you are not in), it would not be considered justfiable homicide.

Call the cops then call your insurance company after the fact. Oh, and don't keep valuables in a vehicle. Vehicles aren't safes.

OHHHH It was confusing the way they wrote it but I see now... It is saying if they are breaking into the car or house that you are currently in. Not if you are in your house and see someone breaking into another car! Yeah that makes more sense. Honestly, my CHP instructor taught me exactly what you said earlier, fear of your life, It just seems ridiculous that the law doesn't allow for people to defend themselves from people taking their crap. What if you shine a light on them and start yelling, chase em off like racoons or something, and if they try to run at you, then can you shoot them?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom