Don't call the cops, cause they ain't coming.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I live in NOLA, they really aren't coming. I cannot tell you how many times I've called 911 and never had anyone show up and only for a detective call me at midnight to ask if I was still at the scene.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My thoughts are posted on the sign in my yard.
    9312289b7decf65f89739be088482b6b.jpg

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Bear's repeating, but never, ever count on a cop being where you need them. You could get lucky, but the numbers just don't permit it. Assume personal accountability.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Cops are too heavy to carry, and they eat all of your donuts.

I'll keep my pistol.

The truth is:

The Police have NO DUTY to protect you.

If you think that a Police Officer, if faced with the choice of protecting you, or going home to his/her family will 'do the right thing', you may be in for a very rude awakening.

Look at the school shooting in Florida. Three cops took up defensive positions OUTSIDE, while an active shooter killed innocent unarmed children.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THERE ARE NOT GOOD LAW OFFICERS WHO WOULD INSTANTLY RISK THEIR LIVES FOR YOURS. THERE ARE. PLENTY OF THEM TOO.

I'm just saying that if you depend on that, you are a fool.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I'll keep my pistol.

The truth is:

If you think that a Police Officer, if faced with the choice of protecting you, or going home to his/her family will 'do the right thing', you may be in for a very rude awakening.

Look at the school shooting in Florida. Three cops took up defensive positions OUTSIDE, while an active shooter killed innocent unarmed children.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THERE ARE NOT GOOD LAW OFFICERS WHO WOULD INSTANTLY RISK THEIR LIVES FOR YOURS. THERE ARE. PLENTY OF THEM TOO.

LOL, THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

I'll keep my pistol.

The truth is:

I think that’s the whole point of the video. If under normal circumstances it’s hard for police to be available instantaneously what about the bad days?

Could his delivery be better? Yeah. Should he have skipped the news clip that was designed to cause panic? Duh

Does any of that make his point invalid? No

And I’m pretty sure we can all agree otherwise 90% wouldn’t be walking around with a gun attached to them everyday.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I'll keep my pistol.

The truth is:

So you conclude none of the almost 700,000 police officers in the US would "do the right thing" based on a sample size of 3?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    When my wife was Assistant manage at a Cafe' Du Monte they ate free. Some would come in a few times a day and I bet they ate 6000 calories a day.
    Frozen Coffee and all That Sugar 2-3 times a day
    But could still do the job

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This thread, like any that end up disparaging cops, is BORING!

It really is a waste of time and energy. If you believe that the police will not show up (for any reasons), then believe that and move on! Why double down and try to convince any one else?

Here's the pragmatic approach: If it doesn't concern me, I mind my own business! If it concerns a defenseless and innocent victim, I may choose to help depending on my exposure to danger! If it concerns me or my immediate family, and any of our safety is in imminent danger, I will handle it myself.

When the police finally do come, I will cooperate and offer assistance if asked!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I'll keep my pistol.

The truth is:

We get it... you don't like cops.

old.jpg

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    LOL, THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

Google Translate didn't help. Could you try again?

So you conclude none of the almost 700,000 police officers in the US would "do the right thing" based on a sample size of 3?

Where did you read that in my post?

We get it... you don't like cops.

old.jpg

I love cops. My best friends are cops. I dislike people who post stupid stuff on the interwebs, Dave.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Google Translate didn't help. Could you try again?

Where did you read that in my post?

I love cops. My best friends are cops. I dislike people who post stupid stuff on the interwebs, Dave.

64bc1427fb3df75f0c33ed15fccd09c0.plist

Seems conflicting but it really doesn’t matter. You get a pass because you have friends that are cops.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I do have legitimate questions about this passage:

Effective March 19, 2020, the Dallas Police Department will not physically respond to locations for the reports listed below. Instead, citizens will be asked to utilize the Dallas Online Reporting System (DORS) by visiting dallaspolice.net and clicking on the *File a Police Report Online* tab.

Burglary of a Coin Operated Machine
    Burglary of a Motor Vehicle
    Criminal Mischief
    Debit/Credit Card Abuse
    Graffiti
    Harassing Phone Calls
    Lost Property
    Reckless Damage
    Theft/Shoplift/Identity Theft/Property Theft (Auto Accessories)/ Theft of Service

These reports will have a follow-up investigation conducted in the same manner as a report taken by a police officer at the scene would. If a caller does not have access to a computer or other device that can access the Online Reporting System, 911 will arrange for a call back from our Expediter Unit and the report will be taken over the phone.

The Dallas Police Department will continue to visit other options for police service as we progress through these challenging times. Thank you all for your cooperation and for helping us keep the City of Dallas safe.

Hypothetically, if you hear a noise in your driveway and go outside to see a person prying open your car door, then confront the subject, but the subject stands his ground and looks at you and says; "What you gonna do about it. Ain't no cops coming for this." What can you do? What do you do? If you are elderly, frail or female; do you just let this POS take your stuff while you watch?

I'm not looking for bravado. I would like to know how each of the various entities of the system think someone should handle this? LE, Lawyers, etc? Obviously most people will not agree with just allowing a scumbag to take your stuff in front of you. But, if you have no recourse from police, are we to just accept that we are now in an age where you just forfeit your stuff, just because?

Additionally, what happens if you try to hold the scumbag at gunpoint a la citizens arrest? Is that now out the door?

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You guys can argue back and forth over intended or unintended slight, or we could present a unified opinion that being prepared to defend you and yours beats hoping that an officer is ready and available to respond in your time of need.

Im not here to knock anyone, but even the best response times in the world might not be enough. People should always be prepared to defend themselves and or hold off an attack till the Calvary arrives.

It’s not a competition it’s a cooperative.

BTW the tele-response to the items listed on the previous link wouldn’t bother me. Especially in an effort to prioritize and increase the ability to respond to violent or ongoing crimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom