Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CZech It Out

User Info Menu

Crosman Powermaster 66 question

Hey do any of y’all have experience with a Crosman Powermaster 66? Having issues with mine that I didn’t have in the past. I can pump it but it doesn’t shoot anything and wonder if my bolt isn’t closing all the way causing this.
    Last edited by BOSS351; March 23rd, 2020 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Typo

Marksman

User Info Menu

Where yat Boss. I don't have any experience with the crossman but I had a few that the seals needed to be oiled. When they dried out BBs fall out when shot. Looks like an old cartoon.

I will give you my Red Rider Carbine Action 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle when you Pry it From My Cold Dead Hands
    Your Political Correctness is an Attack on my Free Speech

CZech It Out

User Info Menu

What’s happening brother??!! This is a gun my dad had bought many years ago. I used last year to eliminate some pest birds and worked fine. Had a rat in my garage and tried to put a cap in his ass and nothing came out. No pneumatic sounds or anything. Might get a new o ring set and see what happens.

Marksman

User Info Menu

is there resistance in the pumping? does it feel like you are building pressure?
    can you pump 2x fast and pull the trigger, see if there is action?

most common cause of pressure loss is bad/dry seals/washers/gaskets.

CZech It Out

User Info Menu

Hey Troy thanks for the response! I do feel resistance when pumping but it doesn’t seem to get harder the more I pump it. I will try the 2x pump and pull the trigger. What is that telling us?

Marksman

User Info Menu

A Rat motor in your garage! Brake out the Mauser. How about .22CB caps in a rifle. Just take the Boss out first.

I will give you my Red Rider Carbine Action 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle when you Pry it From My Cold Dead Hands
    Your Political Correctness is an Attack on my Free Speech

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS351 View Post
    Hey Troy thanks for the response! I do feel resistance when pumping but it doesn’t seem to get harder the more I pump it. I will try the 2x pump and pull the trigger. What is that telling us?
    if it fires after 2 quick, then its pumping, but loosing pressure.
    if it doesn't fire it is not "storing" the pressure it makes when it is pumped.

if it feels the same each pump, where previously it increased, it sounds like the check/one way valve may be damaged or need lubricated.

CZech It Out

User Info Menu

Ok I will try the 2 pump fire but it sounds like what you are describing in that the pumps feel the same each time no matter how many pumps I do and seems to not have any pressure stored. I will have to find out where this valve is and take a look at it.

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

CZech It Out

User Info Menu

Ok so replaced the o rings and cup. Still not putting anything out the barrel. Starting to think it’s a hard parts issue of some type..about to put it on eBay for parts if I can’t get it figured out��