Crosman Powermaster 66 question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Hey do any of y’all have experience with a Crosman Powermaster 66? Having issues with mine that I didn’t have in the past. I can pump it but it doesn’t shoot anything and wonder if my bolt isn’t closing all the way causing this.

Last edited:

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Where yat Boss. I don't have any experience with the crossman but I had a few that the seals needed to be oiled. When they dried out BBs fall out when shot. Looks like an old cartoon.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    What’s happening brother??!! This is a gun my dad had bought many years ago. I used last year to eliminate some pest birds and worked fine. Had a rat in my garage and tried to put a cap in his ass and nothing came out. No pneumatic sounds or anything. Might get a new o ring set and see what happens.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    is there resistance in the pumping? does it feel like you are building pressure?
    can you pump 2x fast and pull the trigger, see if there is action?

most common cause of pressure loss is bad/dry seals/washers/gaskets.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Hey Troy thanks for the response! I do feel resistance when pumping but it doesn’t seem to get harder the more I pump it. I will try the 2x pump and pull the trigger. What is that telling us?

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    A Rat motor in your garage! Brake out the Mauser. How about .22CB caps in a rifle. Just take the Boss out first.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Hey Troy thanks for the response! I do feel resistance when pumping but it doesn’t seem to get harder the more I pump it. I will try the 2x pump and pull the trigger. What is that telling us?

if it fires after 2 quick, then its pumping, but loosing pressure.
    if it doesn't fire it is not "storing" the pressure it makes when it is pumped.

if it feels the same each pump, where previously it increased, it sounds like the check/one way valve may be damaged or need lubricated.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Ok I will try the 2 pump fire but it sounds like what you are describing in that the pumps feel the same each time no matter how many pumps I do and seems to not have any pressure stored. I will have to find out where this valve is and take a look at it.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Ok so replaced the o rings and cup. Still not putting anything out the barrel. Starting to think it’s a hard parts issue of some type..about to put it on eBay for parts if I can’t get it figured out

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Good one cheesy! Yes. Pull it and it releases the hammer and I hear the twang of that spring and that’s it. No pneumatic sound. It still feels the same pumping it as it did before I did the seals. It’s making me thinK it’s something else

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Got a complete new valve assembly and same thing. I’m thinking the charging tube has a problem so putting it back together and may sell for parts....Not sure yet. Looking at stuff from Airgun Depot and Pyrymid Air. Any of y’all have any experience with them?

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Bought alit from pyramid. Good place. There's a airgun forum out there. Lots of pros on there.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Have have been doing research after this thing crapped out and you are right. Lots of good info from guys who live that stuff. Good reviews on those two sources I mentioned earlier. We don’t know how blessed we are to be in this country. Read posts from Europe and Australia and man I’m glad we have the freedoms we have, even for air guns.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom