Corona Virus in Retirement Homes??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_a47f606c-6d33-11ea-83ff-139136d51400.html

I'm wondering to myself, if the Corona Virus started in China, how the heck are our retirement homes all infected????? Who's sending the virus to the retirement homes??? Any conspiracy theorists in here?

People who visit and people who work in the homes are causing the spread.
    Also, just because they’re in a home doesn’t mean they can’t go out to do other activities; it’s not a prison.
    No conspiracy.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I don’t think the number of people infected can be reduced. I do believe we can stretch it out over more time. Just go to a store and no matter how many precautions one takes you will eventually encounter the virus. Too many hands on the goods and services in the supply chain. If this virus lives as long as they say on multiple surfaces and in the air we can only slow the rate of infected but not the number of infected just my opinion.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_a47f606c-6d33-11ea-83ff-139136d51400.html

I'm wondering to myself, if the Corona Virus started in China, how the heck are our retirement homes all infected????? Who's sending the virus to the retirement homes??? Any conspiracy theorists in here?

People get infected then go see their loved ones.

Being that the elderly are highly susceptible to becoming infected, they ask that you avoid visitng nursing homes.

There is no conspiracy.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Trump pissed off the chinese, they sent a carrier to Mardi Gras, and it took off from there

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    People who visit and people who work in the homes are causing the spread.
    Also, just because they’re in a home doesn’t mean they can’t go out to do other activities; it’s not a prison.
    No conspiracy.

People get infected then go see their loved ones.

Being that the elderly are highly susceptible to becoming infected, they ask that you avoid visitng nursing homes.

There is no conspiracy.

That’s just not interesting enough.

Come on.
    Maybe it’s the cell towers or bubble wrap or...

- - - Updated - - -

Trump pissed off the chinese, they sent a carrier to Mardi Gras, and it took off from there

That’s the spirit

:D

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Thats the spirit, but that was as incoherent an article as you might expect from people who read and right upside-down. And flush their toilet backwards.

:rofl:

Bayoushooter hasn’t had the worst conspiracies, but a lot of these old timers are upset that they can’t go to their LGS and pester the help or spend hours at the range being a brass goblin.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Bayoushooter hasn’t had the worst conspiracies, but a lot of these old timers are upset that they can’t go to their LGS and pester the help or spend hours at the range being a brass goblin.

I find conspiracies interesting for some reason the more outlandish the better.

Few have I ever given a second thought but dang if they aren’t fun to read, listen to, etc.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I think it has been with us longer than we have been testing for and has been much more widespread with more mild cases than are being reported. I would love to see some data with antibody tests done that could prove/disprove my theory.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I think it has been with us longer than we have been testing for and has been much more widespread with more mild cases than are being reported. I would love to see some data with antibody tests done that could prove/disprove my theory.

This particular strain? Or just a generic Corona virus?

Viral pneumonia is a very common illness. I wouldn’t doubt I’ve had a couple of these types of illnesses. I’ve had the flu and by comparison I’ve have nearly as bad at least a half dozen times.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Employees, friends of employees, family of employees, friends of residents, family of residents etc. can become carriers and may be asymptomatic and then pass it on to the more vulnerable.

It's why so many people got infected in New Orleans. Mardi Gras.

I honestly wonder if they knew of the severity this thing could become but didn't want to risk losing the economic impact that Mardi Gras brings. But now the whole country is being affected and so many people from other parts of the country started showing symptoms after attending Mardi Gras.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Employees, friends of employees, family of employees, friends of residents, family of residents etc. can become carriers and may be asymptomatic and then pass it on to the more vulnerable.

It's why so many people got infected in New Orleans. Mardi Gras.

I honestly wonder if they knew of the severity this thing could become but didn't want to risk losing the economic impact that Mardi Gras brings. But now the whole country is being affected and so many people from other parts of the country started showing symptoms after attending Mardi Gras.

Simply put, we were not prepared or educated enough on the possibility of it being the issue it has become. Hospitals are currently understaffed and ill-equipped to handle the admitted patients. More patients will only make things worse.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    They are a year out of making a vaccine. Who knows how long until a possible true cure. Right now, people are having their symptoms treated and being made comfortable while they attempt to ride it out.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    They are a year out of making a vaccine. Who knows how long until a possible true cure. Right now, people are having their symptoms treated and being made comfortable while they attempt to ride it out.

There has never been a cure for a virus.
    One day hopefully but I believe our technology is just not there yet.

Top Bottom