Freedom Munitions Rip Off.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Rip Off, Freedom Munitions is pricing their 9mm Reman Ammunition at $350 per 1,000.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    They did went up about 3 cents per round. Their 147gr. usually between. 29 to .31 per round before this shortage.

You can buy new quality 9mm ammunition for less than the old price you quoted and the new price for reman is crazy.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    They have always been bottom of barrel stuff, But can you even get anything right now? I am sure someone would be willing to buy it if its there.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    They have always been bottom of barrel stuff, But can you even get anything right now? I am sure someone would be willing to buy it if its there.

There are those that purchase 50 rounds at a time and do not prepare for times like this.
    I am not in that group.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    There are those that purchase 50 rounds at a time and do not prepare for times like this.
    I am not in that group.

+1!

I've never bought from Freedom Munitions myself, but I did shoot some once. It seemed decent I suppose. My old 2nd and 3rd Gen Smith & Wessons ate it up fine.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I never found their pricing to be very fair for what they offer. I could always find new commercial ammo for less. Brass trade is a rip-off for sure. Beside that, seems like every time I shot their ammo, ish happened...

Last week with some of their M-80

3ed47e939601660d2e4b3ff1d077ad09.jpg

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I never liked their ammo, their bullets were fine when I used them.

Everybody is jacking up prices right now, It is what it is. I have ammo. I held my nose and bought some .223 at $.31 a round today, paid $.24 per round for the same stuff less than 2 weeks ago, it was probably the ammo I am lowest on.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've shot a lot of ammo, and freedom munitions is probably my least favorite. OAL is all over the place, sometimes you will have bullets set back too much. And they are not loaded hot enough, my 9mm AR eats EVERY single 147 gr ammo I have tried BUT FM. FM makes it single shot.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    This isn't the same as American Freedom Firearms??? -- remember that fiasco???

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I shot many many thousands of rounds of freedom before they went bankrupt a couple of years ago. Used their brass buy back program which helped a bit. Prices then were good and I had zero issues with any 9mm or 5.56 ammo. I was actually very impressed when I shot their 124gr (reman) 9mm at a USPSA major and the velocity average for 3 round matched their advertised to the fps. (I realize now as a handloader this was a fluke)

Anyway. Never bought any after their problems as I started loading myself. Noticed their prices were never the same and gouging now stinks. Have heard a lot of people did have problems, it just wasn't me.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    I purchased 1K 45 Auto Hardball for a song free shipping. Shoots better than almost everything else I have in Hardball: soft shooting IMO. This would be Freedom "Munitions." I do however, agree that pricing up ammo during a time like this is BS and they will lose me as a customer along with anyone else who price gauges during these times. I was looking for a 1/2K to 1K purchase in 9mm and I noticed they were out and their 5.56 and 45 was inflated. I guess during these times it would be acceptable to see minor increases in price but the prices I was looking at seemed far above normal.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom