Anyone else has gotten there NICS background check Delayed?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I got some customer receivers Friday and had no issue with the NICS check, I had been waiting on them much longer than this virus thing has been going on.
    So you're saying u don't have problems with the NICs check?.I believe I was given the "round around with this new FFL I used for my sig rattler..my nics check always comes back in 5mins when I'm using my normal FFL but this time used "TRI parish police supply" and I got delayed..

Honestly wasn't going to use them but I just happened to be in there shop talking and I asked him if he can get me the sig rattler but he said his diatrbuters only had the sig Canebreak instock,a gun that I didn't want..so he told me if I find one online I can get it shipped to him and he'll do the FFL transfer for $20..I said why not so I ordered it and the online store sent it to them a week later and then boom I got delayed..

Now I'm not going to dog tri parish police supply out because I do believe the system was clogged up and maybe that could have been the reason I got delayed BUT at the same time,other people where in the shop and getting instantly approved like I've been usually get for the pass 4+ years...it's hard to tell what exactly happened because at the end of the day,he released my gun 4 later..he releadayssed it to me on a Saturday when I know he could have released to me on the 3rd business day which was a friday.jf2 wnn vnj2eññ

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    e2563f13938efbd327ee4be8ed0154ed.jpg

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Get your 5 YEAR CHP and no more NICS. Lifetime CHPs still have to go thru NICS check.

A lifetime permit is good for the NICS check for the first five years after it is issued.

So you're saying u don't have problems with the NICs check?.I believe I was given the "round around with this new FFL I used for my sig rattler..my nics check always comes back in 5mins when I'm using my normal FFL but this time used "TRI parish police supply" and I got delayed..

Honestly wasn't going to use them but I just happened to be in there shop talking and I asked him if he can get me the sig rattler but he said his diatrbuters only had the sig Canebreak instock,a gun that I didn't want..so he told me if I find one online I can get it shipped to him and he'll do the FFL transfer for $20..I said why not so I ordered it and the online store sent it to them a week later and then boom I got delayed..

Now I'm not going to dog tri parish police supply out because I do believe the system was clogged up and maybe that could have been the reason I got delayed BUT at the same time,other people where in the shop and getting instantly approved like I've been usually get for the pass 4+ years...it's hard to tell what exactly happened because at the end of the day,he released my gun 4 later..he releadayssed it to me on a Saturday when I know he could have released to me on the 3rd business day which was a friday.jf2 wnn vnj2eññ

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    e2563f13938efbd327ee4be8ed0154ed.jpg

The rule is three business days. That does NOT include the day of application, nor does it include the day you pick it up. It, likewise, does not include weekends or holidays.

If you get delayed on a Monday it will be Friday before you can pick it up.

Don't blame a shop owner. Vote.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    E-mail from FBI:

Good Evening,

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) remains fully operational. However, due to the COVID-19 protocols, increased transaction volume, and modified staffing schedules, we recognize some federal firearms licensees (FFLs) may be experiencing extended hold times. In order to provide better service, the NICS Section has decided beginning at 12:01 am ET, Tuesday March 31, 2020, to implement a workflow change. This change means that when the FFL calls (telephone) in a NICS check and receives a delay status, they will also receive the Brady Transfer Date from the NICS Contracted Call Center (NCCC). The FFL will not be transferred to a NICS Examiner for further review of the NTN and a possible final status while still on the telephone. The transactions will continue to be worked by a NICS Examiner, however, not while holding the FFL on the telephone.

The NCCC remains fully operational and continues to accept NICS checks from FFL via telephone. Additionally the NICS E-check also remains fully operational.

We continue to work to provide you with timely information to support the firearms background check process.

Thanks,
    NICS Business Relations Team

Please do not respond to this email address instead direct any questions, comments, or concerns you may have to NICSLiaison@fbi.gov.

To unsubscribe to the NICS FFL Listserve please click here <https://forms.fbi.gov/nics-updates-for-firearms-dealers-remove-your-e-mail-address>

Status on carry permit can be found here:
    https://chp-web.dps.louisiana.gov/FrontUser/RequestStatus.aspx

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom