Garbage NYT Article Written by One of “Us”

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't see the point of arguing his credentials or even if the story is true or not.

I'm a supporter of the 2A and think I should be able to own even fully automatic weapons. I think he is wrong headed about the need or even the legitimacy of even owning an AR rifle. I don't think it's something he will even consider.

I however, do have concerns about gun culture. Unfortunately, among us there are people who are complete jerks to others who are not like them..... race, religion, sex, politics, wealth, status, etc. Many are vocal about it. There's also plenty that have poor muzzle discipline or do other inconsiderate things with a firearm and not a care in the world. Many who don't care who they sell a gun to or buy one from.

Those people are the cracks in our foundation.

Whether a person is a racist, bigot, or political partisan hack, is no reflection on gun culture as a whole. A person can have all those personality traits whether they believe in the 2nd or not. The safety issue is also a red herring insofar as attribution to "gun" culture. The vast majority of people who are portrayed in the public eye, as gun enthusiasts are very safe with weapons. These are broad brush strokes.

Now, the potential crime aspect? That is, selling or buying in the underbelly with wilful ignorance and possibly malice, is a problem. But, the main thrust of this guys story was to infer that Americans can no longer be trusted with the freedom to exercise their Constitutional Right to bear "certain" arms without permission from some higher power (government).

He is advocating for the arbitrary removal of guns by conflating the specifics of guns.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom