Are You Really Comfortable Trading Right Now?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Alright, this is sort of the elephant in the room the way I see it and I don't see anyone asking if anyone is really comfortable conducting a trade at this time with Covid19. Cross contamination is so easy to happen and you don't know if and or when it happens. I know and hope it doesn't happen to myself, my family or anyone I know or associate with but you just don't know who is infected and can transmit this virus. So, do you guys feel concerned about conducting trades right now? I'd like to think that everyone is taking necessary precautions to prevent spreading this killer(to some).

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Sure, it’s not hard.
    When I make a trade I inform the other party that I’ll leave the item in the trunk of my vehicle.
    I’ll have already sanitized it when I place it there and they’ll be the next to touch it.
    Any talk is through mobile or text only.
    When we meet, I’ll pop the trunk/hatch from the driver’s seat and they can inspect it.
    If they agree that this is acceptable, they’ll leave payment or trade there, close the trunk and we’ll part ways.
    We both trust that the other is holding up their end and are honest.

Have had no issues thus far.
    I only deal with established members though.

Seems odd but staying healthy is important.

Think of it as a vending machine of sorts.

Only issue for me is no handshake but that’s acceptable given the circumstances.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I use and supply gloves to the other person. I don’t get close and the first thing I do when I get home is wash or clean the item. I also only deal with people I know are responsible. Any deals with unknown people will be shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Same story as teenage years... wearing latex doesn’t feel good, it’s a hassle, and affects the performance ... but you better wear the latex before the girls get your paychecks :rofl:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    It does kinda make you feel like your doing somthing illegal passing an ar15 to somebody with gloves on and wiping it down at a gas station.... nothing to see here fellas.... these are not the droids your looking for. Lol

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It does kinda make you feel like your doing somthing illegal passing an ar15 to somebody with gloves on and wiping it down at a gas station.... nothing to see here fellas.... these are not the droids your looking for. Lol
    I wear a mask and gloves and kinda make the sale or trade handoff with an outstretched arm and try to stay up wind. After we swap I back up slowly to my vehicle, hold the money in my teeth while I shed my gloves and drop them into a ziplock bag, then I get in the car and chew on a couple handi wipes and gargle some peroxide when I realize the money was in my mouth... then the long ride home. Yup.
    I ain’t skeerd.

Last edited:

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Haven't done any trading lately but I wouldn't have a problem with it. Before all this madness happened, I would always clean the item before handling it anyways. :)

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Don't really need anything right now and there's nothing that I really have to sell at this time. Think I'm just gonna stand down for the time being.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I wear a mask and gloves and kinda make the sale or trade handoff with an outstretched arm and try to stay up wind. After we swap I back up slowly to my vehicle, hold the money in my teeth while I shed my gloves and drop them into a ziplock bag, then I get in the car and chew on a couple handi wipes and gargle some peroxide when I realize the money was in my mouth... then the long ride home. Yup.
    I ain’t skeerd.

For a nurse, that's really stupid.

It's unwise to put money in your mouth regardless of a virus.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    OMG, my 88 year old ex mother-in-law was just sent back to the nursing home after recovering from the 'Rona. I think we're all going to be fine.:doh:

Oh, and maybe, don't lick the gun...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom