Impressions? YouTuber Paul Harrell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I admit that I am watching more online videos because of staying at home. Any reactions to the guy on YouTube, Paul Harrell?

My impressions go back and forth. On the one hand, he comes across (to me) as another self-designated “internet expert”. On the other hand he seems to do detailed analysis that is usually logical. He does often qualify his remarks with “in my experience”, etc.

I do know that he has been in two “self-defense, citizen involved” gun fights, one death (by his own admission).

https://www.wallowa.com/news/harrel... thought of that! Lots of videos! Feedback?

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I like his no-nonsense approach and dry humor.
    But...
    I just don’t enjoy how each of his videos is the exact same format.
    Sure, I like the information but can’t get into it.
    Have subscribed and unsubscribed multiple times.
    I really want to like it but the formula is just not right for me.

Now, if he’d start using foul vernacular like AvE, I’d be hooked.

Dboymboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Harvey LA
    I watch his videos for a long time. Informative but a little boring. More of a straightforward guy.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Seems to be in a running battle with Caleb Giddings (Top Shot “Rat Fink” & GunNuts Media) who has had some obstacles of his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Seems to be in a running battle with Caleb Giddings (Top Shot *Rat Fink* & GunNuts Media) who has had some obstacles of his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, Caleb is a far more accomplished and experienced revolver shooter and shooter in general than Paul Harrell. I don't agree with everything Caleb has to say, but he brings a lot of truth to the table. People just don't like his tone.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Harrel's rebuttal.

As far as revolvers go, Harrell saying that Caleb doesn’t have much credibility is laughable. He’s a Master class revolver shooter and shoots in other divisions as well.

I’m not going to dedend Caleb, but I do find Harrell’s claims to be suspect.

Last edited:

EricB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    New Orleans La.
    Yeah, those that think the Paul H. doesn't have the exp. to say the things he has. They should really watch the last 7min of that rebuttal to see he has the chops and the awards to go with them. He also has the good sense not to do drunken YouTube rants. Just super dry YouTube rants where he goes all schizophrenic.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yeah, those that think the Paul H. doesn't have the exp. to say the things he has. They should really watch the last 7min of that rebuttal to see he has the chops and the awards to go with them. He also has the good sense not to do drunken YouTube rants. Just super dry YouTube rants where he goes all schizophrenic.

I watched it. Harrell doesn’t have much credibility. Dumping a box full of medals onto the table doesn’t mean much. What were those medals for? Underwater basketweaving?

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    I'd watch more if they weren't so damn long.
    (Ain't nobody got time for dat.)

Firedude87

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2018
    Leesville, LA
    I like Paul Harrell’s videos. I wouldn’t say his followers dismiss FBI ballistics testing. There are a ton of ballistics gel testing videos. He just provides a different approach that his fan base finds interesting. No different than shooting phone books with a couple different calibers, etc.

It is very clear that Paul Harrell is an accomplished shooter with valuable information on virtually every type of firearm.

As far as Caleb is concerned, I hadn’t heard of him until he started the feud with Paul Harrell. He straight lied about what Paul Harrell had said. Good shooter or not, he has no class.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I like Paul Harrell’s videos. I wouldn’t say his followers dismiss FBI ballistics testing. There are a ton of ballistics gel testing videos. He just provides a different approach that his fan base finds interesting. No different than shooting phone books with a couple different calibers, etc.

It is very clear that Paul Harrell is an accomplished shooter with valuable information on virtually every type of firearm.

As far as Caleb is concerned, I hadn’t heard of him until he started the feud with Paul Harrell. He straight lied about what Paul Harrell had said. Good shooter or not, he has no class.

I don’t think it’s very clear of whatever Paul Harrell’s accomplishments are. Shooting phone books and meat targets is comical and not a reliable testing standard by any means. Gel testing is a controlled media in a controlled environment to provide accurate comparative results.

Caleb is Caleb. Class is not the defining factor between good information and bad information.

Firedude87

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2018
    Leesville, LA
    I don’t think it’s very clear of whatever Paul Harrell’s accomplishments are. Shooting phone books and meat targets is comical and not a reliable testing standard by any means. Gel testing is a controlled media in a controlled environment to provide accurate comparative results.

Caleb is Caleb. Class is not the defining factor between good information and bad information.

Lying is bad information. Specifically how he started the feud with Paul.

Paul’s intro is pretty clear on his qualifications. Throughout his videos he gives some information about his accomplishments well.

People with class try not to flaunt their accomplishments. He is a humble man. Which is a good quality. His information is good and thorough. That is enough.

As to the efficacy of gel or his meat target, no one cares. Seeing what bullets do to a target is fun. The amount of gel tests are astronomical on YouTube. Paul does something different.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom