What watch are you wearing today?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I wear my Apple Watch gen 1 daily. It has my favorites album the the background. I have a breitling Motors that I wear when going out, and a Rolex president day date when I wanna go oldschool. I plan to add a Rolex gmt master 2 and a yacht master 2 to the collection one day.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    '59-'60 based on my limited research. The newer ones had white background on the smaller dials. It's an estate piece. We found it in Dad's dresser after he passed. He didn't fly, we can't figure out why he had it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    '59-'60 based on my limited research. The newer ones had white background on the smaller dials. It's an estate piece. We found it in Dad's dresser after he passed. He didn't fly, we can't figure out why he had it.

Now that is a piece to hold on for life. Glad you still have it and keep it in shape!

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I am wearing my Casio triple sensor watch. I like watches that are waterproof and have a light. Years ago I had a cheaper watch that was not waterproof and every time I forgot to take it off when swimming, fishing, or just leaving the watch in the bathroom when I took a shower, it got water in it. I am very much an outdoors person so I need a watch that can take some abuse but I do not want a crazy expensive watch that I would not want to get dirty or be upset if it gets damaged.

GUEST_e0c33c34-e6d7-4a33-b126-8b7822fed8b1

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!

Sometimes we just have something because we just plain like it.
    No rhyme or reason.
    Maybe he just enjoyed it.
    It’s good you have a little piece of him.

jsanders66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    20 year old Timex Iron Man my wife gave me. It's my around the house, take a beating watch, but it never fails and keeps great time.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Filson “Dutch Harbor” made by Shinola in Detroit on a buffalo nato strap. The super luminous is like gen 3 so it’s visible but not tritium bright on the dark.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    My first mechanical besides a Rolex I inherited which rarely gets worn. Took a little getting used to with its power reserve but now just a few shakes before going to bed after a sedentary day and all is great. Great watch for the dinero!

DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I have to confess; I stopped wearing a watch a few years ago, thanks to smartphones (and I PCS'd out of the military). But, until then, I had been wearing Timex Expeditions since the early 90's without exception. I do have to buy a large velcro band, however; because I have a huge wrist.

I don't know about now, but they used to cost about $30 all day long. I'm fine with cheap, as long as it's reliable.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have to confess; I stopped wearing a watch a few years ago, thanks to smartphones (and I PCS'd out of the military). But, until then, I had been wearing Timex Expeditions since the early 90's without exception. I do have to buy a large velcro band, however; because I have a huge wrist.

I don't know about now, but they used to cost about $30 all day long. I'm fine with cheap, as long as it's reliable.

I use to wear those as well. I remember when Indiglo came out and it was the coolest thing ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Speaking of Timex .... this Expedition is the toughest watch I ever owned. Bought I the late 90s it served me very well through abuse and chemical exposure. If they made this one again I’d buy it in a heartbeat...200 m water resistance, screw down back and crown and indigo too..best watch for around 50 bucks at the time....This one died but it was a work horse..

Top Bottom