Gun or Bourbon Stuff

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hi Gents!

So, I recently got engaged and I am thinking about a cool walk to ask some friends to be my groomsmen. Most of them are a decent distance away, so I'm considering following the trend of mailing them something cool with an invite to be a groomsmen. Trying to think of something that is bourbon/gun themed. I'm just incredibly not creative. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm completely okay not reinventing the wheel.

Austin

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What’s your budget per person?
    That’d be quite helpful.

I hadn't really though of it yet. I'm also not really sure what the norm is, or if there is one. Maybe 50 to 100? I really don't know lol.

There will be six guys.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    For groomsman gifts I did a harbor freight small pelican case with pick and pluck foam. Had a custom name plate on the outer lid with their name. It had 3 items.

A pen sized edc streamlight with name engraved.
    A travel size bottle of KY personal lubricant.
    A small half pint bottle of booze of their liking.

I told them it was a rescue kit in case they needed to get out of a hole or into one later in life.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I hadn't really though of it yet. I'm also not really sure what the norm is, or if there is one. Maybe 50 to 100? I really don't know lol.

There will be six guys.

Don’t believe there’s a norm.
    I generally give useful items as gifts; seems folks appreciate them more.
    Knives are one option.
    Most gun guys I know also like knives.
    Opinel has some very affordable knives made in France that are quite unusual in their old school presentation yet quite nice.
    You can go a bit more and get them each something made in the U.S. as well.
    Depends on your tastes.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Any man worth his salt would be glad to receive a bottle of Bookers. You can never go wrong with Bourbon unless of course you have T-totalers for friends but who would want that?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Not bourbon, but it's good. Although most people have no clue what it is, the glass is technically "gun" related.

91647048_10157094953650963_2249242182135316480_n.jpg

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Do you reload? You can make cuff links from .45 ACP case heads. Buy the mounts from Amazon, cut down the case, and epoxy the heads to the mounts. They charge $60 at fine men's stores but you can make them for pennies. Plus it is something you made. Congratulations and good luck.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Most guys don't appreciate good bourbon. They'd mix it with coke and it'd be gone in a weekend replaced by a bottle of Jack.

How about a nice knife? that would be something they'd keep.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Congratulations. Im not sure where I seen this but there is a whiskey glass with your choice of FMJ ammo imbedded in the side, half in & half out. Maybe NRA catalog. Way cool.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Most guys don't appreciate good bourbon. They'd mix it with coke and it'd be gone in a weekend replaced by a bottle of Jack.

How about a nice knife? that would be something they'd keep.

I find you to be mostly right. However I’ve steered a good friend away from Jack towards superior similarly priced bourbons. He was hesitant at first, but with party favors like 1792, Basil Hayden, Larceny etc. he has come around.

Bourbon is like most things in life the more you expose yourself to higher quality options the more you prefer them.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I find you to be mostly right. However I’ve steered a good friend away from Jack towards superior similarly priced bourbons. He was hesitant at first, but with party favors like 1792, Basil Hayden, Larceny etc. he has come around.

Bourbon is like most things in life the more you expose yourself to higher quality options the more you prefer them.

People turn when they realize good booze is actually good. It's like when a typical crown and coke guy goes to a nice bar and finds out that there are better things to be had.

Speaking of Bookers, I have been on the hunt for some for a while. No one locally stocks it.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    People turn when they realize good booze is actually good. It's like when a typical crown and coke guy goes to a nice bar and finds out that there are better things to be had.

Speaking of Bookers, I have been on the hunt for some for a while. No one locally stocks it.

I’m trying to remember what grocery used to stock it behind the counter maybe the Winn Dixie in Covington. There is at least one liquor store that stocks it near me. Whiskey like that is a rare treat for me.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I’m trying to remember what grocery used to stock it behind the counter maybe the Winn Dixie in Covington. There is at least one liquor store that stocks it near me. Whiskey like that is a rare treat for me.

I think Total Wine & Spirits sells it (and they might ship to LA?).

Thanks for all of the great suggestions, guys! Definitely things to think about!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom