Gun or Bourbon Stuff

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Last edited:

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Maybe use this fancy wrapping paper?

Gift Wrapping.jpg

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You turned me on to the MicroStream.
    I like my Olight because it's 2k lumens and burns paper (and isn't a whole lot bigger than the Microstream). :dogkeke:

How does the Olight compare to something like the Streamlight HLX? Isn't the Olight more of a spread than a focused beam?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    How does the Olight compare to something like the Streamlight HLX? Isn't the Olight more of a spread than a focused beam?

Most of what Olight offers is in the 5-10k cd range. While I haven't compared the 2k lumen Baton to the HLX, I have compared the S1 Baton and the PL-2 to the HLX. I won't be getting rid of any HLX lights any time soon.

That Olight Baton Pro may put out 2k lumens, but it's only 4350 cd. It's essentially a floodlight.

Last edited:

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Speaking of Bookers, I have been on the hunt for some for a while. No one locally stocks it.

There are multiple places in Jefferson Parish that almost always have it in stock. Three of which are in the Metairie area. Martin Wine Celler, Langenstein's, and Dorignac's all have it every time I'm shopping for some.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There are multiple places in Jefferson Parish that almost always have it in stock. Three of which are in the Metairie area. Martin Wine Celler, Langenstein's, and Dorignac's all have it every time I'm shopping for some.

Good to know!

We have a Martin Wine Cellar on the North Shore, I believe.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Most of what Olight offers is in the 5-10k cd range. While I haven't compared the 2k lumen Baton to the HLX, I have compared the S1 Baton and the PL-2 to the HLX. I won't be getting rid of any HLX lights any time soon.

That Olight Baton Pro may put out 2k lumens, but it's only 4350 cd. It's essentially a floodlight.

That is a pretty accurate assessment. The beauty is that it will light up a football field!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That is a pretty accurate assessment. The beauty is that it will light up a football field!

That's great for a general purpose light, not so much for identifying specific things.

I have lights that vary from 100-1000 lumens and 800 cd to 90,000 cd. They all have different uses.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Have a cousin in the military that gave his groomsmen each a North American Arms .22 mini revolver. Had all of their names and date engraved on them, even got himself one. Got a killer deal on them buying in bulk.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You could paint pen their names all cute like on a bottle of bourbon.

Top Bottom