Meplat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

How do y’all dispose of all the lead contaminated dirt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Looking at these guidelines it looks like it could be a pain to deal with.

https://www.epa.gov/sites/production...ts/epa_bmp.pdf

Censored by "them"

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    How do y’all dispose of all the lead contaminated dirt?

It can be expensive to demine and dispose of the contaminated dirt like the contractor has to do at the old State Police range on Buddy Ellis road South of Walker where he plans to build the largest subdivision in Livingston Parish. It had two lines in the front and one in the back and vehicles including a bus in order to practice their skills including using bombs. The ponds are probably contaminated as well.
    Last edited by JBP55; April 11th, 2020 at 06:00 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    It can be expensive to demine and dispose of the contaminated dirt like the contractor has to do at the old State Police range on Buddy Ellis road South of Walker where he plans to build the largest subdivision in Livingston Parish. It had two lines in the front and one in the back and vehicles including a bus in order to practice their skills including using bombs. The ponds are probably contaminated as well.
    I remember when they used it for the bombing range. That was a while ago lol

Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Some of my neighbors shoot at their house and we are just down the road from EBR sheriff‘s house. I just wish they would get a suppressor!!
    I’m tempted to complain due to the noise but why start an issue.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    I remember when they used it for the bombing range. That was a while ago lol

I was told a Former Marine from Florida was the Bomb Man. They would rattle my house when some of the larger explosives went off.

User Info Menu

New Range

This is convenient as my new range is being currently being cleared by the equipment operators. I will have 200+ yards rifle and lots of areas to place steel.