Last Week Home.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Well, last week I finally made some cabinets. I need 2 of them one for the Pachinko Machine, and my wife wanted one to place some things she had on in a corner.
    I had a friend who had a complete small works shop with 4 Shapers all Manual Feeders, Radial Trim Saw, Large Table Saw, and a Planer.
    Years ago we worked together on may jobs doing trim and making cabinets. I ended up making quite a few things for my self.
    The whole set of Kitchen Cabinets after the flood of Aug 29th, 2005. Later on Mantel. Entertainment Center. Salt Water Tank Stand and Canopy
    I had a bunch of board feet left of Maple. So planed it an, ripped it. Glued it and cut square and sent it threw the shaper to get the center. panels. Made the edges That gave me doors and sides.
    Sadly my buddy passed on. and I never used them for what I was going to as I needed more and never did make them up.
    So I repurposed then to make up the above mentioned 2 cabinets
    I shot them both with Satin Lacquer and they look good enough. That was the only cost as I had everything else here.
    The camera made the one look gloss but it is Satin.
    I also did a respray on a few base cabinets in the kitchen, So did one whole side so they would match.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I still need to get some wood I have elsewhere to make the base for the larger of the 2 but was able to finish the cabinet and can add it later.
    The raised panel sides will show well where they are going.
    After the picture was taken I trimmed the Pachinko one. As it needed some trim so that the balls would not roll onto the floor. And flipped the doors over {from side to side} so the doors look better with that white looking wood is at the bottoms

Attachments

• Cab.jpg
      Cab.jpg
      204.8 KB · Views: 110
    • Cab2.jpg
      Cab2.jpg
      188.2 KB · Views: 80
    Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Nicely done.

But never could get the allure of pachinko.
    I know they’re a strongly followed pastime in many parts of the world but it just never clicked with me.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Thanks, I have always been impressed when I see a guy like my friend who had a smaller home shop.
    Like most things smaller shops like he had are starting to be things of the past.
    This is the smaller side I refinished

Attachments

• 20191122_130759.jpg
      20191122_130759.jpg
      189.9 KB · Views: 60
    Last edited:

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    340 nice work. You should jump on youtube and search for small shop or garage shop. You would be amazed at what folks are doing in single car garages and even shipping containers. They are producing some super high quality content and projects out of them.

Top Bottom