Curbside Service for FFLS Approved by BATFE.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Gun retailers operating during the coronavirus pandemic will now be able to offer curbside service.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) announced on Friday that federally licensed firearms businesses could carry out transactions through drive-up windows and temporary booths in their parking lots or other parts of their property. Those transactions include verifying customer identity, completing paperwork, accepting payment and delivering firearms and ammunition.

"An FFL may carry out the requested activities through a drive-up or walk-up window or doorway where the customer is on the licensee's property on the exterior of the brick and mortar structure at the address listed on the license," the guidance states.
    "An FFL may also carry out the requested activities from a temporary table or booth located in a parking lot or other exterior location on the licensee's property at the address listed on the license, but any such activities must occur in a location where the licensee has the authority to permit ATF's entry for inspection purposes," it continued.

Federal firearms licensees cannot carry out such activities from spaces that are not located on the property of the address listed on their license, unless that takes place at a qualified in-state gun show or event.
    The ATF said the guidelines came in response to questions from industry members about whether they could legally conduct business outside of their brick-and-mortar stores. The National Shooting Sports Foundation, a firearms industry trade group, said last month that it had asked for more clarity on how retailers could operate during the national emergency.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This isn’t necessarily a good thing for FFL’s and I would be surprised if any begin to implement curbside service.

We’re talking about guns, not chicken nuggets.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    This isn’t necessarily a good thing for FFL’s and I would be surprised if any begin to implement curbside service.

We’re talking about guns, not chicken nuggets.
    Yep, those dang nuggets are really bad for you!
    I picked up an action I ordered yesterday and it would have been nice to drive up and not go in a store with 5 or 6 other customers in there. Many of them didn’t seem to care about social Distancing.
    Even better would have been to fill out paperwork remotely and let them keep my CCW and DL on file, but that ain’t going to happen...
    I saw this on another forum and I believe it was a response to a request to do this, so I bet some will do it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yep, those dang nuggets are really bad for you!��
    I picked up an action I ordered yesterday and it would have been nice to drive up and not go in a store with 5 or 6 other customers in there. Many of them didn’t seem to care about social Distancing.
    Even better would have been to fill out paperwork remotely and let them keep my CCW and DL on file, but that ain’t going to happen...
    I saw this on another forum and I believe it was a response to a request to do this, so I bet some will do it.

As a civilian, I have no intention of walking up to someone’s vehicle window to make a gun sale.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’m sure they are getting the ID and paperwork before a firearm is ever taken out of the building and brought to the vehicle. Really see no difference if it’s done that way, actually it’s probably a little safer with the firearms being separated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Recently we have been allowing 2 in the store at a time to limit exposure. We also will hand out 4473s and pens before the customers enter so they can fill out ahead of time and we can run them before they walk in. It actually makes for a pretty streamlined in and out process.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Recently we have been allowing 2 in the store at a time to limit exposure. We also will hand out 4473s and pens before the customers enter so they can fill out ahead of time and we can run them before they walk in. It actually makes for a pretty streamlined in and out process.

That sounds like a good idea for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Any loosening of the laws required for law abiding citizens to obtain a firearm is good news to me. Zoom purchase and have it shipped to your home. I had a doc appointment (video) and I’m still being charged for an office visit. Why not the same for a right? Just saying. Criminals will still find a way so the argument that bad guys will get guns any easier don’t fly in my opinion.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

so in the case of someone getting a delay? Are you still letting them in or having them wait the 3 days?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    so in the case of someone getting a delay? Are you still letting them in or having them wait the 3 days?

They still come in and they have to wait if they are on delay until a status update or until 3 business days is up.

Recently with delays we give the following options:
    A) We take your phone number and write it on the 4473 and hold it and then you can pick from current inventory at that point of return.
    OR
    B) We have you select the firearm you want to reserve. Start a layaway with minimum 30% of the total down and you can utilize the layaway for 90 days. Of course with the disclaimer of a restocking fee for Deny or cancelled layaways.

In the case of a Deny:

Option A) Well...you don't get the gun and we will offer a appeal paper with the NTN provided to start the process.

Option B) If you have a layaway and are denied or cancel it you will pay a $50 restocking fee.

This helps trim down on the amount of applicants who have an inkling that they shouldn't be trying to buy a gun and saves time to help the people who can.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Any of you sweet boys buy any guns curbside lately?

pbzYHrj.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom