22 mag semi auto rifle for 200 bucks?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnpaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2016
    metairie,la
    22 mag

I have a Marlin tube fed, hunt with it often. I don’t like a mag sticking down for carrying purposes as most times I’m doing quite a bit of walking, that’s just a personal preference. Looks like a fun little rifle for the price.
    I have a 10/22 mag that I have been hog huntin' with for many years.Would not take less than $1000 for,and I sure as hell can get that and probably more

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I have a 10/22 mag that I have been hog huntin' with for many years.Would not take less than $1000 for,and I sure as hell can get that and probably more

I am a big 10/22 and .22 mag fan. I would say for collector's value yes, but the Magnum Research clones are superior to it in every way. They are expensive but not $1k

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Because .22mag. out of a 5 inch barrel ballistically matches a .22lr fired from a 16"+ barrel. And .22mag fired from a rifle comes close to matching the ballistics of an ar15 pistol in .223rem.

As far as not being as powerful as 9mm, why would anyone buy a 9mm ar when .223 is more powerful than 9mm?

Ammo cost, is why. 223 is still more expensive than 9mm. 22mag and 9mm seem to be similar in price. Last time I checked anyways, not bothered enough to look up 22mag ammo cost.

9mm ar with a 16" barrel does seem to be a strange item, but mainly to satisfy someone who does not like pistol braces, for whatever reason. I would never bother with a 9mm ar rifle, just go 223. 223 and 9mm ammo weigh about the same, so no benefit going with 9 over 223.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    You shouldn’t give a hoot about 22mag.
    If you don’t already appreciate the round and the niche that it fills there’s no sense in trying to now. I grew up with a marlin bolt action tube fed that took a lotta game. When I got into the PMR pistols and finally bought a CMR 30 to play with I loaded up on mags and a metric snot ton of ammo that I paid a little less than 20 cents per round for, so another rifle at this cost appeals to me, as I’m sure it does to others. Comparing it to 9mm is like comparing 9mm to 30-30. They’re not even in the same ballpark. And, although there are 9mm AR’s and PCC’s, the applications for those and a 22 mag rifle are still worlds apart. Are we back in *every gun for self defense* mode again?

Hey btw... I seem to remember you owning and tinkering with a CMR 30 once upon a time...
    Never had?
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?175543&p=1630888#post1630888

I certainly did have a cmr30, traded it a while ago.

22mag always struck me as a boutique cartridge for specialized uses, none of which I ever had.

Note I mentioned that I never experienced the NEED for a 22mag, not that I never HAD a 22 mag firearm. I wanted to like the Keltec PMR and CMR guns, but their build quality and design never rang my bell.

Perhaps my post was worded in such a way that I might get mistaken for someone else...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom