Join BayouShooter For Free

Marksman

User Info Menu

Getting back in the groove

After not shooting for about 3yrs, I went and bought a new setup... after about a weeks worth of shooting, I'm averaging this at 40ish yds
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A4316683-8484-461C-8274-129AD074E0EE.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	258.3 KB 
ID:	94300  
    Last edited by KDerekT83; April 16th, 2020 at 05:30 PM.
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Feels good to sling arrows!!!! My biggest problem is when I shoot and I’m just having a bad day and can’t stick a good group, I won’t let myself stop till I get a good group which is the worst thing to do... you start getting fatigue, tired, loosening form, punching the trigger, ect and just pisses you off even more, lol... but again nothing feels better than slinging a good group ... you are one with the arrow and see the shot as it hits its target like you ridding the arrow lol
    Last edited by Bigchillin83; April 16th, 2020 at 07:14 PM.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I like you Ninja types!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    I like you Ninja types!
    lmao. Me and a friend have spoken about it just bullshitting and whatnot... in a combative situation I’d prefer to be the guy that attacks quietly from the shadows and is never actually seen. So I guess Archery is a fitting hobby. It is pretty relaxing tho....
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    Feels good to sling arrows!!!! My biggest problem is when I shoot and I’m just having a bad day and can’t stick a good group, I won’t let myself stop till I get a good group which is the worst thing to do... you start getting fatigue, tired, loosening form, punching the trigger, ect and just pisses you off even more, lol... but again nothing feels better than slinging a good group ... you are one with the arrow and see the shot as it hits its target like you ridding the arrow lol
    It’s something almost spiritual about consistently smacking the center ring. It’s definitely something spiritual about being in archery range and tagging completely unsuspecting prey.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KDerekT83 View Post
    lmao. Me and a friend have spoken about it just bullshitting and whatnot... in a combative situation I’d prefer to be the guy that attacks quietly from the shadows and is never actually seen. So I guess Archery is a fitting hobby. It is pretty relaxing tho....
    Kwa Chan Kane would be proud!

I may get back into it?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Great timing. My kids made me drag out the bows this weekend and shoot. Damn I lost a lost of strength the last few years could barely hold back the string but groups were successful. Watching kids trying to pick it back up made me laugh but they got back on target quick.

Marksman

User Info Menu

ive been shooting a bit, but poorly. i need to get up early and shoot before work.

Marksman

User Info Menu

This was today when I got home from work...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7C71C1C5-F714-400B-B257-1C8D9C1F1E84.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	232.5 KB 
ID:	94332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96927D0E-FE37-4332-A742-04A17EE53976.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	277.8 KB 
ID:	94333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121929FB-59A7-44B6-B016-D163A7FC21E7.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	267.3 KB 
ID:	94334  

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Kwa Chan Kane would be proud!

I may get back into it?
    do it! It’s relaxing after a full day at work...

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!