Ruger 77/22 Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Bayou

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States
    I just obtained a used Ruger 77 /22. It has a Midway Match Sporter barrel that's stainless. It looks like an older gun but is in decent shape, and the trigger is very light. The serial number begins with 700. Can someone tell me about the quality and value of this rifle? Is it a keeper?

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I just obtained a used Ruger 77 /22. It has a Midway Match Sporter barrel that's stainless. It looks like an older gun but is in decent shape, and the trigger is very light. The serial number begins with 700. Can someone tell me about the quality and value of this rifle? Is it a keeper?
    The 77 series of rifles is outstanding overall. I’ve collected a few over the years in rimfire and big rifle, well into the MK II run and they’ve all increased in value and have all been great rifles. Sounds like yours was TLC’d with some custom parts, which can be great for long range precision shooting (rabbits in a rye field at 200 yards from your stand can be a regular occurrence) but might hurt the resale later, or not. The only other things I can say about your rifle would be bucketloads of positive. If you really enjoy shooting it down the road you might start looking for one in 22mag.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I inherited one one from my dad. It’s a great rifle. Once I figured out the drop I was regularly hitting a gong at 300m.

It wasn’t windy.

The rifle in my humble opinion is a keeper. Because not only is it useful as a general light duty rifle but it’s a great trainer to get someone used to a bolt action rifle before stepping up to full power cartridges.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom