Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We are the hammer

User Info Menu

Need recommendations for tree cutting and septic aerator line clog / replacement.

I have a tree next to my driveway that's grown rather large and the branches are scraping my roof. They're also hitting the power/cable/phone lines coming from the street and I worry a storm might break a branch and knock the lines down or damage my roof. Don't want the tree cut completely down but definitely would like someone professional to come out and cut off a good bit of the limbs and dispose of them.

Also, the aerator was replaced before moving into the house but burned up after a few years. I fooled with it and found that the pvc pipe between the aerator and the septic tank is clogged. I bought a plumbing snake and tried to clear it myself but couldn't and just left it alone. Well it's been a year and I have to stop ignoring it so looking to get someone out to unclog the pipe and replace the aerator. I still have the old one taken apart but I doubt it can be repaired.

Figure these would be good uses of my trump check so please give me some recommendations so I can get these jobs taken care of!
    Last edited by Bosco; April 19th, 2020 at 09:26 PM.

Gunlover

Silver Member

User Info Menu

The aerator line should just be 3/4 pvc
    If you can pump some water thru it ,you should be able to clear it or if it's broken it'll at least show you where the line is broken.
    Do or do not
    There is no try !
    Master Yoda

Marksman

User Info Menu

You can rent a motorized snake that cuts roots up in the pipes. I canít think of the correct name for the machine. I had to use to at my house a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

Too much ivory soap, clogged it all up
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Most aerators have few moving parts. A couple of magnets and diaphragms. There are repair kits for most available online.

Long live the 10mm

User Info Menu

Last edited by Paintball; April 20th, 2020 at 09:31 AM.

User Info Menu

Buster's Tree Removal 985 788 5925

Long live the 10mm

User Info Menu

http://www.biggztreecare.com/main/

Price was comparable to other's bids I had received. I had two large water oaks removed 2 years ago. Biggz took both out (one was double trunk), ground stumps, mulched limbs and leaves and were finished before lunch.

Very impressed with the service I received.

We are the hammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdindadell View Post
    Too much ivory soap, clogged it all up
    LOL! I actually use Dove now to keep my skin silky smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintball View Post
    Bracy's A1 Septic

https://www.bracys-a1-septic.com/

https://yo utu.be/nCnUNfQUSZI
    Thanks, I contacted him via email and he directed me to his website for info. So I emailed him back letting him know this video looks to be the issue I'm having and will see what he says.

http://www.biggztreecare.com/main/

Price was comparable to other's bids I had received. I had two large water oaks removed 2 years ago. Biggz took both out (one was double trunk), ground stumps, mulched limbs and leaves and were finished before lunch.

Very impressed with the service I received.
    I emailed him as well but he said he does not service St. Tammany Parish.

Quote Originally Posted by RWS View Post
    Buster's Tree Removal 985 788 5925
    Appreciate it will try giving him a call tomorrow!

Pops

User Info Menu

I've used Bracy's A-1 service before. I bought an aerator from him and also had him come out and pump my tank. While we had the tank pumped down we repaired the aerator line in the tank. All it is a a PVC T shaped line with hole drilled in it. We cleaned it out and drill the hole bigger to a 1/4" to get more air. If I remember right he charge me $150.00 for the pump down and line repair.