Need recommendations for tree cutting and septic aerator line clog / replacement.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I have a tree next to my driveway that's grown rather large and the branches are scraping my roof. They're also hitting the power/cable/phone lines coming from the street and I worry a storm might break a branch and knock the lines down or damage my roof. Don't want the tree cut completely down but definitely would like someone professional to come out and cut off a good bit of the limbs and dispose of them.

Also, the aerator was replaced before moving into the house but burned up after a few years. I fooled with it and found that the pvc pipe between the aerator and the septic tank is clogged. I bought a plumbing snake and tried to clear it myself but couldn't and just left it alone. Well it's been a year and I have to stop ignoring it so looking to get someone out to unclog the pipe and replace the aerator. I still have the old one taken apart but I doubt it can be repaired.

Figure these would be good uses of my trump check so please give me some recommendations so I can get these jobs taken care of!

Last edited:

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    The aerator line should just be 3/4 pvc
    If you can pump some water thru it ,you should be able to clear it or if it's broken it'll at least show you where the line is broken.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You can rent a motorized snake that cuts roots up in the pipes. I can’t think of the correct name for the machine. I had to use to at my house a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Most aerators have few moving parts. A couple of magnets and diaphragms. There are repair kits for most available online.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Bracy's A1 Septic

i0i0sa3503x9yyx29z.gif

https://www.bracys-a1-septic.com/

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Too much ivory soap, clogged it all up

LOL! I actually use Dove now to keep my skin silky smooth.

Bracy's A1 Septic

https://www.bracys-a1-septic.com/

https://yo utu.be/nCnUNfQUSZI

Thanks, I contacted him via email and he directed me to his website for info. So I emailed him back letting him know this video looks to be the issue I'm having and will see what he says.

http://www.biggztreecare.com/main/

Price was comparable to other's bids I had received. I had two large water oaks removed 2 years ago. Biggz took both out (one was double trunk), ground stumps, mulched limbs and leaves and were finished before lunch.

Very impressed with the service I received.

I emailed him as well but he said he does not service St. Tammany Parish.

Buster's Tree Removal 985 788 5925

Appreciate it will try giving him a call tomorrow!

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs

I've used Bracy's A-1 service before. I bought an aerator from him and also had him come out and pump my tank. While we had the tank pumped down we repaired the aerator line in the tank. All it is a a PVC T shaped line with hole drilled in it. We cleaned it out and drill the hole bigger to a 1/4" to get more air. If I remember right he charge me $150.00 for the pump down and line repair.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I've used Bracy's A-1 service before. I bought an aerator from him and also had him come out and pump my tank. While we had the tank pumped down we repaired the aerator line in the tank. All it is a a PVC T shaped line with hole drilled in it. We cleaned it out and drill the hole bigger to a 1/4" to get more air. If I remember right he charge me $150.00 for the pump down and line repair.

I tried to talk to him over email but he just directed me to videos on his website when I said I'd pay for him to come and take a look at it. :dunno:

randy.01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Waldheim, LA
    I have been using Kenny Myers, 985.966.0531 for the last 5 or 6 years. He can do it all and it looks good when he's done. He works the Covington area. Tell him Randy in Waldheim sent you.

Top Bottom