What do you look for in a classified ad?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    A simple reading of the market place rules would make things clear.
    The Sig should have loction or the text in the adversiment as Per Rules
    In the case of Signature says for instance Baton Rouge but says pick up in Gonzales that's fine. As they may live in one or the other
    I do not see the rule as,stuipd.
    As,far as being a,required to have location.

Profile*, not signature.

I think there was a misunderstanding. It would be stupid if we deleted posts that had a location different than the profile location field. As the rules are written now, they are not stupid.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I think all rules are stupid. People should just know what to do.

Kind of like sarcasm, people should just get it, without needing explanations.

I also like sale ads to have a hand or finger visible.

I have purchased a lot of stuff off here, as my trader feedback shows. And almost every instance the sale ad had a pic of a finger or palm in it. Double bonus if I got to see bare toes, socks are no bueno. Don't judge, thats not nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I have purchased a lot of stuff off here, as my trader feedback shows. And almost every instance the sale ad had a pic of a finger or palm in it. Double bonus if I got to see bare toes, socks are no bueno. Don't judge, thats not nice.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I also like sale ads to have a hand or finger visible. And almost every instance the sale ad had a pic of a finger or palm in it. Double bonus if I got to see bare toes, socks are no bueno. Don't judge, thats not nice.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! I ALWAYS laugh when I see toes in a pic! I won't call out any names, but I think Pookiechad does it on purpose. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

- - - Updated - - -

What if they are those toe socks? Would you make an exception for toe socks?:naughty:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Is the Toe or Finger included in the sale?
    On ,side note.
    Years ago when my wife was an eBay Powerseller.
    I used he account to sell a package of left over parts from a Dodge Challenger restoration. The add stated what was in the sale and nothing more. It was a garage clean out.
    The winner wanted a few things packaged separatey. And also requested that i not send the dead cockroach that was pictured.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Is the Toe or Finger included in the sale?
    On ,side note.
    Years ago when my wife was an eBay Powerseller.
    I used he account to sell a package of left over parts from a Dodge Challenger restoration. The add stated what was in the sale and nothing more. It was a garage clean out.
    The winner wanted a few things packaged separatey. And also requested that i not send the dead cockroach that was pictured.

YWluSW1hZ2U

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! I ALWAYS laugh when I see toes in a pic! I won't call out any names, but I think Pookiechad does it on purpose. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

For a while I would try to get something "questionable" in the background, and try to make it blury enough to be partially recognizable. Not the same item every time, maybe a condom packet, or a bloody towel. This was mainly when I did Remote Control cars and the message board I used was full of jokers and funny guys. So when i see toes or fingers it just brings back memories.

What if they are those toe socks? Would you make an exception for toe socks?:naughty:

HMMM, grown men in toe socks. Not sure how I feel about that... I wonder if there is a yahoo group for that. Off to do some research.

aboatguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    I look for four things, P + 2 +2 +8, because the answer to P228 is "Yes I'd like another". :)

CaVbRef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    I like to see lots of pictures especially of any areas that are important (action, trigger, sights, etc.) and any problem areas (stock damage, worn bluing, scratches, etc.) Location--yes, willing to meet on the way--yes, negotiation room--yes, bill of sale--I won't sign one so I won't contact you but don't spring it on me last minute :nono: (personal 2A constitutional issue for me and I will walk away), IDs--won't let you make a copy of it/them for your records but you can see (have had issues with stolen identity in the past). Government has done more security checks than you can anyway :) Phone number so we can talk.

I've legally purchased firearms in five states I've lived in since moving out of Louisiana. Each state has had its own special challenges. Will never live in California or Oregon again though North Carolina has its own challenges.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom