Build for High Power Matches Service Rifle (sources)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampglockman

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Greetings, Salutations, and Howdy.

I am going to build an AR High Power service rifle good old fixed carry handle or maybe flattop with carry handle 20"
    I know all the rules have changed and it seems you can shoot damn near everything but a civil war cannon.
    Its really a nostalgia thing for me... harken back to my younger years. (did the Garand, M1A, and finally A2 all were fun)
    I must admit I love putting AR's together more than shooting them at times.
    I am aware there are quite a few ready made ones out there eg. Compass lake, RRA ....
    Trying to find reasonable sources for various components (I have lower) to do a fun build.
    Would be nice to piece it all together.
    So after my endless babble: If you know of sources for various components, float tubes, stock and Bbl weights, sights, upper, handle etc... let me know.

thanks much,

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana
    It's really hard to beat White Oak Armament. John Hollinger is an awesome guy and super quality stuff on his site. A bit pricey, but well worth if your looking for anything service rifle or match rifle related.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Greetings, Salutations, and Howdy.

I am going to build an AR High Power service rifle good old fixed carry handle or maybe flattop with carry handle 20"
    I know all the rules have changed and it seems you can shoot damn near everything but a civil war cannon.
    Its really a nostalgia thing for me... harken back to my younger years. (did the Garand, M1A, and finally A2 all were fun)
    I must admit I love putting AR's together more than shooting them at times.
    I am aware there are quite a few ready made ones out there eg. Compass lake, RRA ....
    Trying to find reasonable sources for various components (I have lower) to do a fun build.
    Would be nice to piece it all together.
    So after my endless babble: If you know of sources for various components, float tubes, stock and Bbl weights, sights, upper, handle etc... let me know.

thanks much,

I built what I call a "Budget Match" AR service rifle for right @ $500 USD. LPK and BCG were new. Everything else was 'Pre-Owned'. I had to pass on a lot of items when they were bid up. I probably passsed on five A2 stocks before I hit a deal. No Float tube or weights and a take off barrel. RRA NM trigger which is not the greatest but OK and meets the rules. I have all the taps needed for the FSB and Rear Sight if needed. Take off barrel had cuts for an adjustable windage FSB so I had to modify the FSB to use set screw vs pins.

Good advice:
    Join this sight http://www.usrifleteams.com/forums/index.php
    It’s mostly high power shooters and they are always selling parts that you are looking for. Also a lot of good info on high power shooting.

I did find some nice part on ARF.com - Plenty of sellers and plenty of buyers, so you can't sit on your hands. I was a cheapskate about and would just make notes of what was a decent deal and only buy decent to smoking deals.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom