Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

User Info Menu

look for the velocities on some of the pistol and rifle Match grade stuff. typically 40 grain lead below 1000 fps..

Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Core View Post
    I found subsonic insufficient here in Maine due to the tree height and the squirrel size. I found that most squirrels cling to the side of the tree and I can get a good shot where the bullet embeds into the side of the tree after passing through the squirrel. I went out one day with subsonic and discovered several squirrels suffered many years ago, and I moved up to the mini-mags and aimed for head/neck shots. You occasionally get a chest shot in doing so. I found the faster hollow points resulted in a clean fast kill. Our White Pine trees are massive here 100ft+
    The good news for us here in Louisiana is our squirrels don't think they are mountain goats; and our trees aren't redwoods! Typical shot for me is always < 50 yrds. and mostly <30 yds. I get in real close!

Of the 6 different brands of SS .22lr I tried Monday, the best groups I got (inside a dime sized target), from my experiment were Gemtech 42 gr. roundnose and CCI 40 gr. hollows. I will hunt with the CCI's Saturday!
    Last edited by Emperor; April 29th, 2020 at 11:26 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Marksman

User Info Menu

When I do get to squirrel hunt, I do so with a 22 rifle. I use my Remington 541S with a 10X Leupold scope. I don't have a suppressor but I always use subsonic ammo because it is more accurate than high velocity ammo and also because of the lower sound signature. I have settled on SK Subsonic Hollowpoints.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

My squirrels are working out today in anticipation of the upcoming season!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spypoint.jpg_27883046932056.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	94718  
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Why is this $hit Happening?

Tapatalk is acting strange again.
    Center group is CCI subsonic HP, group to the right is CCI segmented HP, both from 10/22 standard barrel cut and threaded at 50 yards. I sight all my hunting 22’s at 150 feet and practice on golf balls.
    Single bullseye was CCI Standard velocity through my 16inch cut and threaded Norinco CZ copy. That rifle gets more eyeball shots than my Ruger American.
    Last edited by Magdump; April 29th, 2020 at 08:13 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post

Tapatalk is acting strange again.
    Center group is CCI subsonic HP, group to the right is CCI segmented HP, both from 10/22 standard barrel cut and threaded at 50 yards. I sight all my hunting 22’s at 150 feet and practice on golf balls.
    Single bullseye was CCI Standard velocity through my 16inch cut and threaded Norinco CZ copy. That rifle gets more eyeball shots than my Ruger American.
    I got the same results!

That is 3 squirrels' asses Saturday!

And 3 more's on Sunday!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I got the same results!

That is 3 squirrels' asses Saturday!

And 3 more's on Sunday!
    Lol, get some!
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Just an FYI: Except ammunition to start restocking again. The commies in Cali issued a stay, so the fine residents are once again required to go through an FFL for ammo.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Just an FYI: Except ammunition to start restocking again. The commies in Cali issued a stay, so the fine residents are once again required to go through an FFL for ammo.

Great news because prices are generally out of bounds, both private and retail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk