Why is this $hit Happening?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Anything 1100 FPS or less is subsonic Emp. There’s a bunch out there. Even many target loads are subsonic. I do have over 30k rounds of various SS .22LR if you can’t find what you’re looking for. I found CCI standard velocity and Wolf target to be the most accurate across the board for the money. The CCI has been available for 3-4 cents per round in bulk for a while now up until this last run on ammo. I split a case with someone here last time I found it. Not sure where Nether is but if you can get to my route between Hammond and Baton Rouge, I’ll hook you up.

I will meet you in Hammond and take some of that CCI Standard Velocity off your hands at 3 cents per round.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If you think it would fit the bill I may have some Gemtech I could spare.
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/cci...mmo-42-grain-lead-round-nose-22ss-p-3645.aspx
    If interested send a PM but I will not be able to answer until later tonight.

I know that Gemtec is loaded in CCI brass (maybe by CCI) so it should be quality Ammo but the lot I bought a couple years ago was all over the paper in 3 different rifles that all hold tight groups otherwise. I shoot it from my pistols now.
    Have you had any similar experience with poor accuracy?

- - - Updated - - -

I will meet you in Hammond and take some of that CCI Standard Velocity off your hands at 3 cents per round.
    Uh, no thanks

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Anything 1100 FPS or less is subsonic Emp. There’s a bunch out there. Even many target loads are subsonic. I don’t know why people buy the CCI Quiet ammo except to shoot quiet without a suppressor out of a bolt or pump rifle. I do have over 30k rounds of various SS .22LR if you can’t find what you’re looking for. I found CCI standard velocity and Wolf target to be the most accurate across the board for the money. Some of the other Elley and higher price ammo can run 20 cents per round. The CCI standard has been available for 3-4 cents per round in bulk for a while now up until this last run on ammo. I split a case with someone here last time I found it. Not sure where Nether is but if you can get to my route between Hammond and Baton Rouge, I’ll hook you up. Not going to hand over any of my good stuff but I could sell you a little of any of these:

c27269bf4e02e54cc9c3b0a2525038d7.jpg

579f7819fc3168a6e07a7819097b13a4.jpg

67a719dd2d3dced3443bb7d0a718c917.jpg

Frigg'n hoarders ought to be tar and feathered and ran out of town on a rail !!!

Attachments

• 20200424_203302.jpg
      20200424_203302.jpg
      216 KB · Views: 99

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I found some various brands here in Baton Rouge to conduct my sight-in.

Thanks to everyone who offered me some of their personal stash!

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    I found subsonic insufficient here in Maine due to the tree height and the squirrel size. I found that most squirrels cling to the side of the tree and I can get a good shot where the bullet embeds into the side of the tree after passing through the squirrel. I went out one day with subsonic and discovered several squirrels suffered many years ago, and I moved up to the mini-mags and aimed for head/neck shots. You occasionally get a chest shot in doing so. I found the faster hollow points resulted in a clean fast kill. Our White Pine trees are massive here 100ft+

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I found subsonic insufficient here in Maine due to the tree height and the squirrel size. I found that most squirrels cling to the side of the tree and I can get a good shot where the bullet embeds into the side of the tree after passing through the squirrel. I went out one day with subsonic and discovered several squirrels suffered many years ago, and I moved up to the mini-mags and aimed for head/neck shots. You occasionally get a chest shot in doing so. I found the faster hollow points resulted in a clean fast kill. Our White Pine trees are massive here 100ft+

The good news for us here in Louisiana is our squirrels don't think they are mountain goats; and our trees aren't redwoods! :mamoru: Typical shot for me is always < 50 yrds. and mostly <30 yds. I get in real close! ;)

Of the 6 different brands of SS .22lr I tried Monday, the best groups I got (inside a dime sized target), from my experiment were Gemtech 42 gr. roundnose and CCI 40 gr. hollows. I will hunt with the CCI's Saturday!

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    When I do get to squirrel hunt, I do so with a 22 rifle. I use my Remington 541S with a 10X Leupold scope. I don't have a suppressor but I always use subsonic ammo because it is more accurate than high velocity ammo and also because of the lower sound signature. I have settled on SK Subsonic Hollowpoints.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    4b479b129209bd9d6730463e77d4e210.jpg

5f88aa1afc3020ac22f7b653f8780da8.jpg

Tapatalk is acting strange again.
    Center group is CCI subsonic HP, group to the right is CCI segmented HP, both from 10/22 standard barrel cut and threaded at 50 yards. I sight all my hunting 22’s at 150 feet and practice on golf balls.
    Single bullseye was CCI Standard velocity through my 16inch cut and threaded Norinco CZ copy. That rifle gets more eyeball shots than my Ruger American.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    4b479b129209bd9d6730463e77d4e210.jpg

5f88aa1afc3020ac22f7b653f8780da8.jpg

Tapatalk is acting strange again.
    Center group is CCI subsonic HP, group to the right is CCI segmented HP, both from 10/22 standard barrel cut and threaded at 50 yards. I sight all my hunting 22’s at 150 feet and practice on golf balls.
    Single bullseye was CCI Standard velocity through my 16inch cut and threaded Norinco CZ copy. That rifle gets more eyeball shots than my Ruger American.

I got the same results!

That is 3 squirrels' asses Saturday! :mamoru:

And 3 more's on Sunday! ;)

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Just an FYI: Except ammunition to start restocking again. The commies in Cali issued a stay, so the fine residents are once again required to go through an FFL for ammo.

CARestrictions2.jpg

Top Bottom