Why is this $hit Happening?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have a bazillion rounds of .22lr, but now need some subsonic .22lr for the upcoming Spring Squirrel Season.

Why the hell is all the good stuff all sold out? Can't even back order most of it! :mad:

I want:

American Eagle Suppressed
    CCI Suppressed
    Winchester Super suppressed
    or
    Eley suppressed.

Anybody watching this? Know who has any online? Want to sell some, so I don't need to look for it?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Do any of these work for you?

CCI Standard Velocity.
    CCI Long Rifle Hollow Point.
    CCI Long Rifle Round Nose.
    CCI Mini Mag.
    CCI Quiet.
    American Eagle 38gr. Hollow Point.
    Federal Gold Medal HV Match.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I have a bazillion rounds of .22lr, but now need some subsonic .22lr for the upcoming Spring Squirrel Season.

Why the hell is all the good stuff all sold out? Can't even back order most of it! :mad:

I want:

American Eagle Suppressed
    CCI Suppressed
    Winchester Super suppressed
    or
    Eley suppressed.

Anybody watching this? Know who has any online? Want to sell some, so I don't need to look for it?

Because I had the foresight to buy up subsonic 22lr every time I was in a store that had it in stock?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Do any of these work for you?

CCI Standard Velocity.
    CCI Long Rifle Hollow Point.
    CCI Long Rifle Round Nose.
    CCI Mini Mag.
    CCI Quiet.
    American Eagle 38gr. Hollow Point.
    Federal Gold Medal HV Match.

I specifically need "subsonic".

I was just able to get a few boxes of various brands and loads from Bud's just now, but all the specific stuff is out of stock there too!

If what you have is subsonic, I will buy some?!?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Because I had the foresight to buy up subsonic 22lr every time I was in a store that had it in stock?

I do that too (that is grab stuff I use even though I may not need it at the time), but why now? It doesn't make sense for this stuff to be out of stock. What are owners of suppressed .22lr's thinking at this time; they will silently kill coronies as they wander through the streets??

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I do that too (that is grab stuff I use even though I may not need it at the time), but why now? It doesn't make sense for this stuff to be out of stock. What are owners of suppressed .22lr's thinking at this time; they will silently kill coronies as they wander through the streets??

Shoot man,People have been panic buying for a real good month or two.

Did see several boxes of sub-sonic at Lafayette Shooters several days ago,Like maybe 5 days?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Shoot man,People have been panic buying for a real good month or two.

Did see several boxes of sub-sonic at Lafayette Shooters several days ago,Like maybe 5 days?

That's fine! But for what with subsonic? It just doesn't make sense; panic or not.

What I mean is, I get there are a bazillion people who own .22LR weapons and don't want to be fooled again by shortages. But suppressed .22LR ain't exactly the cat's meow!

Last edited:

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland

I was just able to get a few boxes of various brands and loads from Bud's just now, but all the specific stuff is out of stock there too!

I use cci standard velocity. Its quiet. It's close but sub sonic.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    That's fine! But for what with subsonic? It just doesn't make sense; panic or not.

What I mean is, I get there are a bazillion people who own .22LR weapons and don't want to be fooled again by shortages. But suppressed .22LR ain't exactly the cat's meow!

Beats me how they think,No 22 on the shelves at Academy last time I was there buying a spiffy camera that sends picts to the phone.

Keep in mind a frigg'n lots of new gun owners buying up everything that's even close to what they actually need.

You may want to cruise La.Sportsman,But Good Luck with those wankers !

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

The CCI Quiet is sub sonic and is $6.00 per 50 round box.
    Let me know if you need any.
    I am in Walker.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The CCI Quiet is sub sonic and is $6.00 per 50 round box.
    Let me know if you need any.
    I am in Walker.

I have those. They wouldn't eject. What I am researching suggests that true subsonics made specifically for semi-auto .22lr rifles, will cycle. That's what I am reading! :dunno:

I've been having a Silencerco Sparrow for many years on a Ruger Mark 3, but this is my first foray on a brand new rifle.

If any gurus out there have a different take than what I am experiencing, please; let me know!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Ammunition is difficult to find due to a California judge blocking the requirement for background checks to acquire ammo from FFL's.

The majority of ammunition retailers are fighting the panic buyers and shipments to California.

I'm trying to find some match ammo and it's been difficult to say the least.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ammunition is difficult to find due to a California judge blocking the requirement for background checks to acquire ammo from FFL's.

The majority of ammunition retailers are fighting the panic buyers and shipments to California.

I'm trying to find some match ammo and it's been difficult to say the least.

But why subsonic? And why the "good" stuff? At least the stuff that is really well suited for precision shooting through suppressors!?!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    But why subsonic? And why the "good" stuff? At least the stuff that is really well suited for precision shooting through suppressors!?!

Why subsonic?

Uh, because the commies force you to take a background check and purchase a dealer for ALL ammunition. They opened the flood gates and people are buying EVERYTHING.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have those. They wouldn't eject. What I am researching suggests that true subsonics made specifically for semi-auto .22lr rifles, will cycle. That's what I am reading! :dunno:

I've been having a Silencerco Sparrow for many years on a Ruger Mark 3, but this is my first foray on a brand new rifle.

If any gurus out there have a different take than what I am experiencing, please; let me know!

I have some Standard Velocity Sub Sonic 1,070 FPS CCI .22 rounds available for $12 per 100 in Walker.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    .22 rimfire is my favorite round to shoot.
    Any cartridge with ~1050 fps or better should reliably function a semiautomatic rifle in good working condition.
    Some of the suppressor specific loads err on the side of decibels versus reliable cycling.

Just food for thought.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    My favorite suppressor ammo for semiautomatic rifles is Lapua Polar Biathlon.
    Eley primed and @1099 fps it will cycle most any semiautomatic rifle in good condition.
    Never had a failure with it ever.
    Ever.
    Try saying that about a rimfire round.

You can get it at the link below, but it will hurt...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1270337074/

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Anything 1100 FPS or less is subsonic Emp. There’s a bunch out there. Even many target loads are subsonic. I don’t know why people buy the CCI Quiet ammo except to shoot quiet without a suppressor out of a bolt or pump rifle. I do have over 30k rounds of various SS .22LR if you can’t find what you’re looking for. I found CCI standard velocity and Wolf target to be the most accurate across the board for the money. Some of the other Elley and higher price ammo can run 20 cents per round. The CCI standard has been available for 3-4 cents per round in bulk for a while now up until this last run on ammo. I split a case with someone here last time I found it. Not sure where Nether is but if you can get to my route between Hammond and Baton Rouge, I’ll hook you up. Not going to hand over any of my good stuff but I could sell you a little of any of these:

c27269bf4e02e54cc9c3b0a2525038d7.jpg

579f7819fc3168a6e07a7819097b13a4.jpg

67a719dd2d3dced3443bb7d0a718c917.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom