JC HIGGINS /Sears&Roebuck 12 ga.pump

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NAHMINT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This week a friend,I commercial fished with his dad,who passed away a year ago,called me and asked if I was interested in a pump shotgun....I said I'll come have a look....its a 1955 Model 20 with the compensator on the end,something like a CUTTS COMPENSATOR but the choke tubes go INTO the ''cage'' .
    As we talked,he said he wanted to start reloading,. he's just a young guy,61...I said I'll take the shotgun ONLY if I can give you something in return...
    I gave him a LEE challenger single stage press,a LEE hand primer,an older REDDING powder scale,powder trickler and a few other items.....things I did not need and something that he could use......anyway I took the gun apart,cleaned out lots a years grease and grime.....gun shoots CYLINGER with the choke removed and a perfect modified with the choke installed.....overall length 26'' barrel.....there are available full and a imp.cyl. tube but i'm happy with what I got.. GOOD -TRADE -EH!!

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I think you did just fine. There are a fair number of JC Higgins shotguns that are still in service, for good reason. I think they are one of the best bargains for their time. My first 12 gauge was a JCH bolt action with a sort of orange butt pad that was as hard as the wooden stock.

Top Bottom