Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    We are the hammer

User Info Menu

Here are estimates on the flu from October 1, 2019, through April 4, 2020
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm

24,000 - 62,000 estimated flu deaths within 6 months.

They explain why they give this wide estimate but don't report any actual numbers. They say this is because many deaths aren't even tested for flu so they estimate a much larger number based on a bunch of speculation. They aren't doing this with COVID19 they're reporting actual deaths.

Here are actual stats on COVID19 with the first case in the USA occurring Jan 20 and first death Feb 6
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

55,258 actual deaths in just over 3 months and that's with all of the stay at home and social distancing measures put in place. It would be much worse if people were out and about spreading a highly infections disease. If they were doing estimates that include any death that could be related to COVID19 this number would be much higher, just like their estimated figure for Influenza.

If they were to open everything up and we had another huge wave of infections/deaths, then everyone would start screaming that they are failing at keeping citizens safe. If they continue to do what they've been and the numbers stay low, then they're communists and violating citizen rights. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    Last edited by Bosco; April 29th, 2020 at 12:22 PM.

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GunRelated View Post
    Do you feel like we should shut down the country every flu season? Regardless of what other countries are doing, that has nothing to do with what should be happening here...
    It's quite obvious, to me anyway, that this 'virus' is not a serious health threat as once thought. To have people agree with keeping our economy shut down over something like this, blows my mind.
    I'm so sick of even hearing the word covid, it's almost like nails on a chalkboard at this point.
    How many of you actually know someone that has this 'virus' or has died from it? I'm not saying it doesn't exist, obviously it does, but I bet very few if any can say they personally know someone who died or even caught the 'virus'.
    Open this bitch back up and get back to work.
    I personally know multiple people ill with it.
    Unfortunately, I also know two who have died and currently have another friend in ICU wishing she was dead.
    You do you.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

We are the hammer

User Info Menu

Just when I thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous... Apparently escape rooms are now considered essential. Yea we are totally living in some kind of communist society where the government has everything shut down
    Great news Escapologists! LIMITED REOPENING starting tomorrow, Friday, May 1st with new health and safety measures in place. Online bookings for tomorrow can now be made on our website. Also, today, April 30th, is the last day to take advantage of our 50% OFF ONLINE GIFT VOUCHER SALE or starting May 1st, save 25% off a game booking through the month with promo code: "REOPEN25".

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yeah. The massage therapist at my chiropractor can’t work, my barber can’t work, and schoolteachers have to figure out how to teach entire lesson plans in a 25 minute Skype to kids, but these goofballs get to go lock themselves in a room for fun.

This really isn’t numerically worse than a regular flu season but by maybe 10% aggregate numbers but it is more damaging if you survive it. Only reason we’re seeing mortality numbers as high as we are is because we’re literally ignoring every other medical condition the person has if they test positive and then die. With the flu, we don’t do that. We’re lucky if hospitals correctly report (or even diagnose) half the flu cases annually. What’s different? Money. We’re under a state of emergency, which means fema dollars. More cases equals more money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

And just like that
    No deaths by car accidents
    Flu
    Gunshots
    Old age
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by El Pozzinator View Post
    Yeah. The massage therapist at my chiropractor can’t work, my barber can’t work, and schoolteachers have to figure out how to teach entire lesson plans in a 25 minute Skype to kids, but these goofballs get to go lock themselves in a room for fun.

This really isn’t numerically worse than a regular flu season but by maybe 10% aggregate numbers but it is more damaging if you survive it. Only reason we’re seeing mortality numbers as high as we are is because we’re literally ignoring every other medical condition the person has if they test positive and then die. With the flu, we don’t do that. We’re lucky if hospitals correctly report (or even diagnose) half the flu cases annually. What’s different? Money. We’re under a state of emergency, which means fema dollars. More cases equals more money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    And just like that
    No deaths by car accidents
    Flu
    Gunshots
    Old age
    People who like to feel like they are reasonable and level headed don’t want it to be true, but it is a problem people exploit others misfortune for political and financial gain, it is clear that when you have a disaster that has or will be declared the numbers affected are always manipulated. Wreck your car getting out of the path of an EF 4 tornado. The tornado is to blame. Fall off a ladder boarding your windows before a hurricane. That hurricane did it. Get looted during an evacuation order.... Somehow that property loss gets tallied too.

Part of it is sensationalized news-like reporting. Part is if the insurance can shift the burden to the consumer or the government then they will try. Part is government tit sucking.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; May 1st, 2020 at 01:08 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

https://youtu.be/3neTvYFQIHY

Skip to 4:45 for the point I'm getting at when it comes to numbers. Also, a coworkers wife works at the General in BR. She has told him they are not doing autopsies on supposed 'covid' patients... Straight to cremation.
    Again, I'm not saying this sickness is not real but there is a ton of misinformation and fear mongering going on to fit certain agendas. I'm sorry if this offends you.

Marksman

User Info Menu

https://youtu.be/3neTvYFQIHY

. Also, a coworkers wife works at the General in BR. She has told him they are not doing autopsies on supposed 'covid' patients... Straight to cremation.
    My wife works in the covid ICU. These people are dying drowning in their own spit. Why would you waste time on an autopsy?
    "You know what? You're right. And when you're right, you're right. And you, you're always right!"......Barf (Spaceballs, 1987)

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by general mills View Post
    My wife works in the covid ICU. These people are dying drowning in their own spit. Why would you waste time on an autopsy?
    Because maybe, just maybe there are instances where that is not the case. Is it killing people, sure. Are there deaths that are attributed to this virus when it is not the cause of death, apparently so.
    Did you even look at the video?
    Last edited by GunRelated; May 3rd, 2020 at 12:36 PM.

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Because maybe, just maybe there are instances where that is not the case. Is it killing people, sure. Are there deaths that are attributed to this virus when it is not the cause of death, apparently so.
    Both the medical examiners and the funeral industry cannot keep up with the sudden numbers of decedents.
    It is just not sustainable given the sheer mass of deaths.

People can deny what is happening all they want but it’s still taking place.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223