SKS Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Re: I have a SKS Chinese Paratrooper, minty and original with bayonet and original cleaning kit in stock.
    Question: I've researched GB sold items and the values seem to vary from $400's to over $1k. Why such a wide margin? What am I missing?
    I'm really not familiar with these and would appreciate input from the forum experts.
    Thanks,
    Ed

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Seems like sks have gone up in price in the last 5 or so years.

I would say that a Chinese sks was becoming more desirable when the Yugo sks rifles arrived on the market. always seemed that Russian sks were the highest priced. With Chinese second?

I would say your gun is worth more than 400, maybe more like 600. I am not a sks collector and really do not have any love for the platform. Your rifle sounds like it would be more of a collector piece than a shooter, and would be priced accordingly.

Gun broker prices can be accurate but sometimes feel like "shoot the moon". Check completed listings, preferably those that took multiple bids, to get a better idea of what these can sell for.

Csparnecht

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    metairie
    The models of sks that get to the 1000.00 dollar mark are a rare type that accepts AK mags. Normal SKS range from 350 to 600 depending on the condition.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Thanks for all the great input. As stated above, GB prices are all over the place when researching completed auctions with multiple bids.
    I did also research the GunStockMarket and the info seems pretty reliable - guns that have recently actually sold. Averaging all 6 recent sales listed there came to $673. Throwing out the low and high sales averaged $645. These were, of course, all internet sales so I don't know if they included shipping and FFL fees.
    I also got some very expert feedback from a BS member whose input seems pretty much in line with a max of $550.
    Ed

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom