Gun Buds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IJS

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hello everyone,

I have been a member for some time, mostly as a lurker or conducting business in the market place. I moved away from the Bayou State for some time and moved back home within the last year, and thus have become more active on these forums and have had my passion and enthusiasm for firearms reignited.

I have been shooting guns since I was 13 years old and although I have a decent amount of shooting and weapons experience in general, I still consider myself "new" to all of this. There are people on this forum with so much more knowledge and experience, and who hold a much wider variety of weapons experience and knowledge than myself.

As such, I am always reading threads on here, seeking out advice, watching YouTube videos and of course practicing with my weapons whenever possible in an effort to expand my knowledge and proficiency.

That being said, I need more friends that are as enthusiastic about firearms as myself and someone that I can go to the range with. All my gun friends moved away, so the only person I go to the range with is my wife or alone currently.

Which is great, I definitely don't mind either of those. But, it would also be cool to go to the range with someone who can show me a thing or two or who simply enjoys firearms as much as I do.

So, I'm basically looking for some gun pals in the Baton Rouge area. Anyone who is interested, feel free to message me!

Hope that whole thing didnt sound too much like a personals ad ;)

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    My son and I am willing to shoot with anyone. The problem at this time seems to be the whole distancing thing. This is the right place to engage in for those activities you mention.

IJS

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My son and I am willing to shoot with anyone. The problem at this time seems to be the whole distancing thing. This is the right place to engage in for those activities you mention.

That's awesome, yeah I'm always looking for friends to shoot with so throw me a PM sometime when the time is right.

I know this while covid mess makes things a bit more complicated... pretty sure you can still shoot at Precision, they just have every other lane open to adhere to social distancing.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have actually never been there. I usually go to Precision, but I'll have to check them out!

If you want a good analogy, Precision is McDonald's and FRC is Chickfila.

IJS

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If
    If you want a good analogy, Precision is McDonald's and FRC is Chickfila.
    )

Haha right on, I've only ever gone to Precision and Bass Pro.

There is a range visit in my future planned for the coming week or thereabouts, and I was gonna go to Precision cause it's real close to me. I think I'm gonna check out FRC instead. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    When (if?) things get back to normal check out FRC on Tuesday nights for their dynamic practice sessions.
    I'm kind of in the same boat. Lost my best friend/shooting buddy (my Dad) early last year. I have other friends that shoot sometimes but they are not "gun nuts" and not as fun to "talk guns" with.
    Be safe and have fun

Last edited:

IBWP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Monroe, LA
    Up here in the Monroe area I’ve been going to the public range for a couple of years and I usually go alone. I think there might be a couple of gun clubs here. Something like that could lead to group shooting sessions.

IJS

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Up here in the Monroe area I’ve been going to the public range for a couple of years and I usually go alone. I think there might be a couple of gun clubs here. Something like that could lead to group shooting sessions.

Yeah, I was going to start looking into gun clubs once this mess simmers down a bit.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    im up in watson, and havent been able to shoot in sometime, let alone with other gun enthusiasts.
    once this crap is over and im off of night shift ill be able to shoot about any time.

Top Bottom