Quarantine project thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Dang Blue! That’s awesome bro.

Thanks....it has been some work! Since I have been working more than ever, this project was done in phases. So, there were a lot of plastic tents taped to the ceiling and taken down to keep sanding dust and overspray from getting everywhere.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks....it has been some work! Since I have been working more than ever, this project was done in phases. So, there were a lot of plastic tents taped to the ceiling and taken down to keep sanding dust and overspray from getting everywhere.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you did it the smart way.
    I’m collecting what I need to build a forge furnace at present. I’m hoping to start on it this weekend. Going propane this go round.

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Daughter and I made a few cutting boards using Walnut, Cherry, Maple and Sycamore. One is edge grain and the other 2 are end grain. Photos leave a lot to be desires but the colors really pop.

Attachments

• 20200516_131902.jpg
      20200516_131902.jpg
      242 KB · Views: 98
    • 611947899.jpg
      611947899.jpg
      242.4 KB · Views: 89
    • 611947926.jpg
      611947926.jpg
      237.8 KB · Views: 99

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    My Unintended Project

Right as all this quarantine stuff began, my youngest brother took his own life. He was being treated for Depression and went cold turkey off his meds, which you can't do because it makes you suicidal.

Anyway, now my Dad and I have to track down his assets and see to his creditors and funeral expenses. So it appears he had very few assets (trying to get access to his emails, Facebook, bank records, etc. is driving my Dad nuts). So the family says, Hey, XD-GEM, you know about guns and stuff. See if you can get his gun back from the police and sell it to help pay for the funeral."

When I went to retrieve the gun, the detective handed me a pair of gloves. I asked if this was for evidence protection, and he said that, no, it was because the gun was "covered with biologicals." He was right. It was a mess, with dried blood, hair and other assorted remnants of my brother all over it.

It's now all clean and looks like new. If the family decides they really want to sell it, I'll post it here first.

Italian made Beretta 92FS:

[URL=https://www.bayoushooter.com/upload/viewer.php?file=w7kla7f8r5kojd2kxvn.jpg][/URL]

[URL=https://www.bayoushooter.com/upload/viewer.php?file=r8cllovr2svzr5r97od5.jpg][/URL]

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    EightySix, those cutting boards are insane. I got first dibs when you decide to sell one! Holler!

Took the family to Picayune to cut some sunflowers today and took care of this batch of gritty mags. Then the bottom fell out. Not the box, the weather.
    9d1636d0c173ae11eb616e988347997c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Right as all this quarantine stuff began, my youngest brother took his own life. He was being treated for Depression and went cold turkey off his meds, which you can't do because it makes you suicidal.

Anyway, now my Dad and I have to track down his assets and see to his creditors and funeral expenses. So it appears he had very few assets (trying to get access to his emails, Facebook, bank records, etc. is driving my Dad nuts). So the family says, Hey, XD-GEM, you know about guns and stuff. See if you can get his gun back from the police and sell it to help pay for the funeral."

When I went to retrieve the gun, the detective handed me a pair of gloves. I asked if this was for evidence protection, and he said that, no, it was because the gun was "covered with biologicals." He was right. It was a mess, with dried blood, hair and other assorted remnants of my brother all over it.

It's now all clean and looks like new. If the family decides they really want to sell it, I'll post it here first.

[URL=https://www.bayoushooter.com/upload/viewer.php?file=w7kla7f8r5kojd2kxvn.jpg][/URL]

[URL=https://www.bayoushooter.com/upload/viewer.php?file=r8cllovr2svzr5r97od5.jpg][/URL]

Damn man that’s a bad deal. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Very sad for your loss. I hope you have some good memories of your brother to comfort you in the future.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Daughter and I made a few cutting boards using Walnut, Cherry, Maple and Sycamore. One is edge grain and the other 2 are end grain. Photos leave a lot to be desires but the colors really pop.

Very nice. I assume that your daughter is a "youngin" and will really benefit from dad's interest in woodworking.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph

lol not much to see... parked her after plowing a big doe at 90mph... 10 years of sitting and rats chewed up wire harness... found leaks in the intake manifold.... redone brake and fuel systems... I feel like half the car is brand new.

I wanted to get back on it this weekend but my knee high grass needed some attention. Hopefully next weekend I can get around to getting it up high enough so I can change engine oil, transmission fluid, and bleed/purge rear brake lines.

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

Man, that's a tough one. Sorry for your loss.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Speaking of restoring old hot rods...

7306460e4b6b8b3e9780bb6540816771.jpg

95ab8756ac535217ba8ed2535d0250da.jpg

My dad’s old Mach. Put a ton of hours in it, drove it a short time then packed up the rally wheels and let it sit a couple years. Sad to see

longdude17

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I’m still “essential” but in the spare time and evenings I’ve started a mail in carb cleaning service.... I work on virtually any make or model atv, motorcycle or dirt bike OEM carb. Started as a hobby years ago, till a friend offered to mail me his carb for me to ultrasonically clean, and DING the light bulb went off.

Sooooo if any of you gents need a carb cleaned, hit me up!!

https://www.facebook.com/Ewing-Powe...alists-102811448109769/?modal=admin_todo_tour

857d2a079adfa3377aaef73f675e697b.jpg

17d1dc34c61c80c836f16a4985c6f829.jpg

842eb181ce9acd9f3373227e4bfbb00f.jpg

2ee781b1e578056ecfdde28ee6070340.jpg

e11c36a599f0cdf3d367cdc190121694.plist

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Lots of projects going on here. The time off of work has been productive for me.
    Just picked up 13 cattle panels,a bunch of post and borrowed an auger for a fence.
    The fence ties in with the powered decorative gate going up next.
    Replaced the deck metal on a rotary cutter and fixed the lift pin holes. PITA
    Finally got around to making a faucet for my work sink.
    Repaired the weather vane that came from my deceased mothers place,
    Trailered my brothers BMW K1200GT from Lafayette to repair the leaking rear seal.
    Replaced the rear main seal on my neighbors Rubicon.
    Building a metal mail box post with a decorative sun and moon twist. Used a ring gear and square nails.
    Finally got to shoot my Single Six.
    Finished a ton of honey do's.
    We grow some produce and have a couple of acres of yards so lots of attention there.
    I'm ready to go back to work.
    i-f7CNMDt-M.jpg

i-9CKLqWn-M.jpg

i-pHKNgdG-M.jpg

i-nS5N9cm-M.jpg

i-5bMRxgF-M.jpg

i-xgFzZW8-M.jpg

Damn... Regretting getting that lift yet? YOu have been busy... BTW I will be in Colorado soon...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom