Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    To keep people from walking all over the garden is my guess.
    I'm thinking to confuse deer?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    I'm thinking to confuse deer?
    I’ve seen deer bypass some interesting defenses. You think a string will stop them?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Just changed out one of my 10-22 barrels from a 3 lb 1 oz butler creek to a 14.6 oz tactical solutions x ring barrel. Cut over 2 lbs from it. Need more projects.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paddle007 View Post
    Thanks.
    I saved some ring gears for 20/30 years thinking it would make a good wind chime. They carry a note well. Might have to add that to my to do list.
    Nice I bet. I remember this big 3.3-4 foot tall crank shaft a guy used for a mailbox post when I was a kid.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I’ve seen deer bypass some interesting defenses. You think a string will stop them?
    Deer can be spooky, Movement gives em ulcers.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Pops

User Info Menu

It is for the deer that roam the neighborhood, yes neighborhood. I have 6-7 that show up each night. The string is not the best defense for them but it does cut down on them walking through the garden. I main problem with the deer is them eating the wife's rose bushes, she is pissed as the eat all of the new blooms.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mforsta View Post
    It is for the deer that roam the neighborhood, yes neighborhood. I have 6-7 that show up each night. The string is not the best defense for them but it does cut down on them walking through the garden. I main problem with the deer is them eating the wife's rose bushes, she is pissed as the eat all of the new blooms.
    I've seen deer in downtown BR. That doesn't surprise me.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

My project?
    I ordered a crapload of Flex Seal pulled all the window screens off my house and I a making a boat like the guy on TV.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    My project?
    I ordered a crapload of Flex Seal pulled all the window screens off my house and I a making a boat like the guy on TV.
    ........ Awesome!!
    Let us know how that turns out. I might ask you to take some of my guns on a little boat ride.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quarantine project thread

Porch swing finally gave up. I never built a porch swing before, but I can copy paste pretty good.
    So, tear this down for a pattern I reckon..

Get some cypress 1xís

Cut all the pieces I need from the old swing pieces. I literally traced and bandsaw cut the curved pieces and just ran the rest on the table saw.
    Gotta sand down all the edges too. No butt splinters for this guy.

Then pow pow pow...and a few screws..

Gotta space them right

Just gotta finish the hardware and run the chain set through it, then hang it in place of the old one.

Tomorrow when my mash is ready I got another project to start on. Hope you guys are making the most of your days off.
    Last edited by Magdump; May 15th, 2020 at 09:21 AM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...