Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56
    Oldie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EightySix View Post
    Daughter and I made a few cutting boards using Walnut, Cherry, Maple and Sycamore. One is edge grain and the other 2 are end grain. Photos leave a lot to be desires but the colors really pop.
    Very nice. I assume that your daughter is a "youngin" and will really benefit from dad's interest in woodworking.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone1970 View Post
    Very nice. I assume that your daughter is a "youngin" and will really benefit from dad's interest in woodworking.
    She's very artsy and she's the one who inspired me. She wanted to make a graduation present for a friend, so I was happy to help.

Call of Booty

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I moved the 1991 Z28 that's been dormant for 10 years from one side of my porch to the other. It moved and stopped under it's own power.
    Looking for a little more time in the A zone.
    USPSA... it's like IDPA but with shooting

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Huntsman View Post
    I moved the 1991 Z28 that's been dormant for 10 years from one side of my porch to the other. It moved and stopped under it's own power.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worthless.gif 
Views:	23 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	95564  
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

On Target

User Info Menu

Bra

Call of Booty

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    lol not much to see... parked her after plowing a big doe at 90mph... 10 years of sitting and rats chewed up wire harness... found leaks in the intake manifold.... redone brake and fuel systems... I feel like half the car is brand new.

I wanted to get back on it this weekend but my knee high grass needed some attention. Hopefully next weekend I can get around to getting it up high enough so I can change engine oil, transmission fluid, and bleed/purge rear brake lines.
    Last edited by LA_Huntsman; May 24th, 2020 at 11:00 PM.
    Looking for a little more time in the A zone.
    USPSA... it's like IDPA but with shooting

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XD-GEM View Post
    Right as all this quarantine stuff began, my youngest brother took his own life. He was being treated for Depression and went cold turkey off his meds, which you can't do because it makes you suicidal.

Anyway, now my Dad and I have to track down his assets and see to his creditors and funeral expenses. So it appears he had very few assets (trying to get access to his emails, Facebook, bank records, etc. is driving my Dad nuts). So the family says, Hey, XD-GEM, you know about guns and stuff. See if you can get his gun back from the police and sell it to help pay for the funeral."

When I went to retrieve the gun, the detective handed me a pair of gloves. I asked if this was for evidence protection, and he said that, no, it was because the gun was "covered with biologicals." He was right. It was a mess, with dried blood, hair and other assorted remnants of my brother all over it.

It's now all clean and looks like new. If the family decides they really want to sell it, I'll post it here first.

Italian made Beretta 92FS:

Man, that's a tough one. Sorry for your loss.
    SASS #84934

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Speaking of restoring old hot rods...

My dadís old Mach. Put a ton of hours in it, drove it a short time then packed up the rally wheels and let it sit a couple years. Sad to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Iím still ďessentialĒ but in the spare time and evenings Iíve started a mail in carb cleaning service.... I work on virtually any make or model atv, motorcycle or dirt bike OEM carb. Started as a hobby years ago, till a friend offered to mail me his carb for me to ultrasonically clean, and DING the light bulb went off.

Sooooo if any of you gents need a carb cleaned, hit me up!!

https://www.facebook.com/Ewing-Power...dmin_todo_tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paddle007 View Post
    Lots of projects going on here. The time off of work has been productive for me.
    Just picked up 13 cattle panels,a bunch of post and borrowed an auger for a fence.
    The fence ties in with the powered decorative gate going up next.
    Replaced the deck metal on a rotary cutter and fixed the lift pin holes. PITA
    Finally got around to making a faucet for my work sink.
    Repaired the weather vane that came from my deceased mothers place,
    Trailered my brothers BMW K1200GT from Lafayette to repair the leaking rear seal.
    Replaced the rear main seal on my neighbors Rubicon.
    Building a metal mail box post with a decorative sun and moon twist. Used a ring gear and square nails.
    Finally got to shoot my Single Six.
    Finished a ton of honey do's.
    We grow some produce and have a couple of acres of yards so lots of attention there.
    I'm ready to go back to work.

Damn... Regretting getting that lift yet? YOu have been busy... BTW I will be in Colorado soon...