Air Force Flyover!!!! Do Not Miss This!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Gator, looks like you need to take a road trip to NOLA Wednesday May 6th. A few Blue F/A-18s should make you feel better.
    https://www.wwltv.com/mobile/articl...ay-6/289-27b3a8fb-edbb-44f3-aac9-a1da10de6193

Aww, I've watched a few over the years,Like in Houma practicing take off and landings,Not sure if these were F/A-18s,The were impressive and B.A.

Watched em' offshore several times playing chase and blowing chaff,Seems like 2 weeks later someone was getting invaded like IN Desert Storm time frame.

Almost ran into I think was a Radar Jammer via parachute in a Bell helicopter out in the Ship Shoal area..That was hairy and we wasn't notified about the war games taking place?

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Back in '91 I had just gotten into an active USAF Medical Reserve unit at Barksdale and was called up for Desert Storm. We were activated and deployed to the UK to set up and man one of two USAF contingency hospitals. Our duty day was 12 hour for a couple of days then 3-4 days off, varied around quite a bit as we were not getting any causalities to care for. Our mission as well as the sister unit in Germany was to care for causalities not in condition to make the trip across the Atlantic back to the states. The few we got were walking wounded not combat related. I did get to see something very few of my generation and I am 74 now, and that was to see a formation of American bombers, B-52's headed east over London. I was a senior Captain at the time, and my little group in London that day sightseeing were mostly older officers and nco's but a young Lt had joined our group. Turns out his job was to coordinate and get approval to get overflight rights through French airspace to save several thousand miles round trip for our aircraft. Those bombers were out of Barksdale, being flown on bombing missions round trip from RAF Fairford to Kuwait and back. As medics we were bored while on duty, and one day arranged a trip over to Fairford to help load bombs. We had a few senior officers and down helping out doing some of the grunt work and arming, under supervision of skilled armorer personnel, full Colonels taking instructions from buck sergents, but they knew what they were doing. I have on my bedroom dresser the cover plate where the fuse goes in a 2000 lb bomb. That is a plastic plate with an o ring and a couple of holes for a spanner wrench. THe plate was made by a plastics company here in the town where I live , Jacksonville, Tx.

I had seen plenty of the big bombers flying, being first stationed a McCoy AFB, Orlando, Fla back in 70, then at Robins, AFB, Ga, and finally Barksdale, watched scrambles during the cold war days, but had never seen them flying in a formation like that day over London.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Old is right! Saw that a small access hatch fell off one of them over NOLA.

https://www.wbrz.com/news/b-52-aircraft-part-falls-in-new-orleans-during-flyover

Back when the space shuttle Columbia blew up, a piece about 6ft x 18" landed about 1/4 mile from our house. My neighbor was the first to find it right beside a road when he was out for a walk. There was a state trouper posted by it for several day to keep people from stealing or touching it. A lot of the neighbors was carrying them food and drink until they said they had too much .

aboatguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Looking at these pictures and videos of that flyover is

Right up there with making love to an inflatable love doll,

Something is just missing?
    ConcurBlue angels.jpg

GO NAVY!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom