Air Force Flyover!!!! Do Not Miss This!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    In case anyone missed it, the Air Force and the National Guard are going to perform a flyover today in both New Orleans & Baton Rouge to show support for healthcare workers! Around 9:00 today in New Orleans and around Noon in Baton Rouge.

2ea B-52's and 2ea F-15's at low altitude!

If you haven't seen a real B-52 in person, you do not want to miss this!!! It should be a spectacular sight!

Please make your young kids get out and see this. This may be the last time you might ever see an actual B-52 in flight!

https://www.facebook.com/315824970982/photos/a.10152019706660983/10157193781315983/?type=3&theater

Can't wait!

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    If you are inside and hear a jet with engines that have a much higher pitch than you are used to hearing then that is them. Go outside and see it. Their engines sound more like a shrill scream than the rumble that other jets sound like.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If you are inside and hear a jet with engines that have a much higher pitch than you are used to hearing then that is them. Go outside and see it. Their engines sound more like a shrill scream than the rumble that other jets sound like.

Unlike the Viet Cong, you won't here the whistling sound of bombs raining down on you shortly thereafter! :mamoru:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ewww,We special in New Orleans,!!!! Ewww We special in Baton Rouge!!!!

The rest of the state is a bunch of Peasants, Ewww We special in B.R and N.O....Ewww....

You want me to video it on my phone and send it to you? :p

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The carbon footprint on those bad ass bombers must have AOC and Bernie gut wrenching! :mamoru:

I hope they are watching!

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    I worked off and on in the Shreveport-Bossier area for 6 years. I used to go park on a little road just short of the approach end of Rwy 15 at Barksdale and watch them fly about 200 feet over my head while they were on short final. They used to go around the pattern over and over during training with usually two in the pattern at at time. Once every three or four minutes one would fly overhead.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    Those are some badass birds, and always impressive!! I was hopeful to see the Blue Angels and T-birds too but glad to watch the bombers fly over. Cheers everyone and happy covid Friday!!

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Thanks for the reminder , I'll stop my Laundry Chores and walk outside and see what I can see. Lots of trees around here but I'm not far from the Mid City B.R. General Hospital on Florida Blvd. , if they fly over I will see something ... I don't think I've ever seen a B52 airborne ... Cool !!!
    you would think I'm a kid instead of 70 years old... but somethings , like seeing war planes flying , just never get old !
    Gary

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    They deviated from the flight plan! :eek4: On the first pass after coming back across the River from Addis, they went all the way East and passed right over Airline and Pecue. Obviously that was for Women's Hospital, but they are not even on the list. Of course we were already back inside and missed the best view of all for us. I'm kind of pissed!

Who the hell called that audible? That is kind of disheartening and concerning!

95014200_10157193781325983_3603980274381094912_o.jpg

Top Bottom