Buying Guns Online

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Forgot to mention one thing about buying online. If you're buying from a private party like off Gunbroker be wary of using Paypal! Paypal is extremely anti gun so if you put any type of note in it that the payment is for a gun you and the person you're buying from could have Paypal accounts suspended and funds held indefinitely.

Lots of people still use it and just don't note what the payment is for but it makes getting scammed a lot easier. If you try to go into any details on your item not arriving and they realize it's a gun, then good luck. So be 100% sure if you use Paypal that you trust the person you're buying from.

IJS

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    First off, thank you, Bosco for all the info regarding a C&R and the succinct way you laid out to go about obtaining it.

Seems pretty easy, and I am definitely going to be doing it at some point very soon.

So, today I completed my first gun purchase online. As you all know, I was pretty nervous about it so I thought I'd post my own experience.

I ordered from Kentucky Gun Company on May 1st. At first, I was nervous because no payments went through or anything. I later learned that payment is taken once the firearm is actually shipped.

The firearm shipped on May 7th. I spoke to customer service twice in between the time I placed my order and it was shipped; once via messenger and another via phone. They were very professional, courteous and helpful.

My firearm arrived Monday of this week, I went to pick it up - I was delayed, as I always am, and today I received a "proceed" and went and paid the FFL transfer fee and brought it home.

I'll also mention that I used Precision as my FFL dealer, they charge $40. They were really great honestly, they had it in the system and called me the same day I watched it arrive there through tracking. They called me before they even opened today as well to let me know I got a proceed.

If I hadn't have gotten a delay, I would have been able to bring it home Monday which would have placed the time from me ordering and paying for it to having it in my hands in under two weeks. Pretty impressive to me, honestly, as I expected the whole thing to be a bit of an ordeal and potentially take twice as long.

Even the way it panned out for me, within 15 days, I had physical possession of it. Pretty awesome experience - more than likely, this is how I will be purchasing firearms in the future. It was quite seamless and I'm very happy with my purchase as everything was in order.

I appreciate everyone's input and I hope it cleared up questions and concerns for anyone else who was feeling similarly to me.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    IJS, that’s great man. Only thing I’d say is find another FFL. $25 is about the max I’d be willing to pay for the service. $40 is extreme and there are many great FFL’s out there who don’t charge anywhere near that. At the end of the day if you’re happy that’s all that matters, but 15-20 bucks more in your pocket will never hurt.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Welcome to the online gun purchasing world. I am a NOLa resident and I use St. Bernard Indoor Shooting Center. I like, Magdump have a problem too. I use SBISC because it is the cheapest. @ $20 for your first and $10 for each additional. They are the cheapest in the 504. I have a membership there so all of mine are $10. For me that alone paid for the membership. And yeah it has a range. As a member you shoot for free.
    I have gotten some very good deals on new and used guns online. Gun Broker can be great but it requires some savvy. From finding great deals, and negotiating better ones.(Negotiating deals is my favorite part.) To knowing who you can and shouldn't send money to. I have bought dozens of times from GB and the worst part was some guy sent the gun 3 weeks late. I prefer shops selling through GB those are usually my best deals. And they are much more secure. And have established shipping and purchasing systems. Credit card, debt, and I have even bought a few with paypal just to prove I could. Buds is kind of lazy and over priced.
    But their auctions on Egunner are the worst. As far as slow nonresponsive customer service. But I have scored some seriously nice guns for half market value from there. So it can be iffy. Best of luck and happy hunting.
    +1 on Buds and the egunner site. I won an auction on a gun they listed as in good condition and it wasn’t even close and also was non-functional. I got the cold shoulder from the FFL I used when I balked and wanted to refuse delivery and ship it back and they’d already destroyed the box it came in. I won’t name them here because it’ll be more trouble than it’s worth but they lost my business for good, and I spent a lot of money there on a regular basis. In short, they simply did not look out for me at all and a $25 fee should cover a little bit of support, instead of the way it was handled. The girl at buds who was charged with running the auctions and customer service finally made an attempt to make things right but only after I reported them to the BBB. She finally acknowledged that they did not test these guns for function and the fact that the gun had internals missing would definitely have slipped past them. She also would not elaborate on how they graded their inventory or why the photo that was posted was obviously not of the firearm sent to me. They eventually returned the price of the gun and shipping and offered a voucher for the cost of the FFL fee which I will never spend. So two places lost my business that day and I found a FFL down the street that I’ll likely stick with until he decides to retire his license. So, I feel like that’s a win.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom