Question about the marketplace

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well to begin with ******* . It wasn't my sale . It's the principle that a person that sell **** should at least know what they are selling .ESPECIALLY if they own a guns store .
    And since your word don't count for **** anyways . To the guys that stand by your word good luck dealing with the flock of tool admins . No wonder why the site has gone to **** .

Please ban me .

There is a difference between standing by one's word and getting taken advantage of.

If I walk down the street and see an old lady selling a bunch of items in a yard sale and one of the items is a rare, antique revolver that is still in the original box, with the original price tag of $12 on it and she is asking $10 for it, and I know it's 90 years old and is worth significantly more, I am going to tell her what she has and not just hold her to her printed word (a sale offer). People mess up. Holding them to their mess up because of 'their word' is even worse than them breaking their word. Don't be dicks everyone.

Banned per your request. If you want to come back at some point, email me.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    There is a difference between standing by one's word and getting taken advantage of.

If I walk down the street and see an old lady selling a bunch of items in a yard sale and one of the items is a rare, antique revolver that is still in the original box, with the original price tag of $12 on it and she is asking $10 for it, and I know it's 90 years old and is worth significantly more, I am going to tell her what she has and not just hold her to her printed word (a sale offer). People mess up. Holding them to their mess up because of 'their word' is even worse than them breaking their word.

Situations like these can be difficult. If your hypothetical situation happened and I was there I would make sure that the lady was good with the price. Mainly because I have no idea what old revolvers are worth and I like collecting old stuff. If it was a python, or a smith prelock, I would have told her that I wanted it but that she was under priced. But I know what those are worth. I would not re sell them, as I like collecting old stuff.

Seems like both the buyer and seller figured the gun was worth about the same amount at the beginning. Then the seller figured it out. Sure, the buyer missed out on a smoking deal. Sour grapes over that?

Seems like the prices of those beretta carbines has risen significantly. I just had to fix one that fired out of battery for a buddy of mine. No idea why someone would want a weird design like this. A freedom arms fx9 is a much better choice. Or a ruger PC carbine, or a glock in a roni, or a 22mag bolt gun...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Seems like the prices of those beretta carbines has risen significantly. I just had to fix one that fired out of battery for a buddy of mine. No idea why someone would want a weird design like this. A freedom arms fx9 is a much better choice. Or a ruger PC carbine, or a glock in a roni, or a 22mag bolt gun...
    Yeah Beretta put civilian production on hold to concentrate on military and police contracts in different countries (Plus a select fire SBR version) so the market kinda dried up. I own 2 and have had zero problems. They are a pleasure to shoot and very accurate. I have small red dot sights set up for absolute cowitness with the folding sights. It’s about like shooting a 10/22, just open up and keep it on target. The trigger is about my only gripe. The stock looks cumbersome until you actually handle and shoot the rifle. It feels sort of bullpup-ish. I don’t know about the current Ruger PC carbine but the one I had in the 90’s sucked ass. Heavy as hell for what it was and about as clunky as a P-89. At least the new ones accept Glock mags.
    The CX has a following because people have different tastes tho.

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The CX has a following because people have different tastes tho.

True, my buddy loves his, and I just can't understand it. Different strokes for different folks. It took the out of battery discharge reasonably well, but I wonder about the design if it allowed for that discharge...

Blowback 9mm stuff is not my favorite. Some sort of locking action is superior...

Top Bottom