Ahmaud Arbery....Cue the Riots????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Well, that's certainly a compelling case put together by the DA.

I still argue that even if legal, the two guys shouldn't go chasing after someone who committed a crime as they aren't police, aren't in the best shape, seemingly lack decent training, and aren't wearing armor. They also don't appear to have any means of easily restraining someone, should that become necessary. Just not the best idea.

Is it a legal shoot? Maybe?
    is it a preventable shoot? Absolutely.

It seems to me that they could have followed and done just what the third guy behind them did: record the guy on video. He wasn't ducking behind bushes or vaulting fences, he was just going along the street. They may be able to find legal justifications for the criminal aspect, but it sure is a textbook case for why it's not smart to intervene with guns over something like that.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well, that's certainly a compelling case put together by the DA.

I still argue that even if legal, the two guys shouldn't go chasing after someone who committed a crime as they aren't police, aren't in the best shape, seemingly lack decent training, and aren't wearing armor. They also don't appear to have any means of easily restraining someone, should that become necessary. Just not the best idea.

Is it a legal shoot? Maybe?
    is it a preventable shoot? Absolutely.

Recon when his violent mental history and criminal history will be released, We certainly are not seeing even half of the story.

We should be used to that fact?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Recon when his violent mental history and criminal history will be released, We certainly are not seeing even half of the story.

We should be used to that fact?

Of course not, but I can't think of many good reasons to chase a dude down the street. I mean if he just kidnapped your daughter, that's one thing. But if he broke into your shed and stole your prized hammer, it's just not smart. It may be legal in some places, but it's not smart.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Of course not, but I can't think of many good reasons to chase a dude down the street. I mean if he just kidnapped your daughter, that's one thing. But if he broke into your shed and stole your prized hammer, it's just not smart. It may be legal in some places, but it's not smart.

Smart on who's part? I happen to like my extremely antiquated hammers...

There was mention of perhaps a suspect already on film breaking into house,Where's that film?

The 2 survivors may of seen him trying to kick in a door and gave chase...While on the phone with 911 or the police?

This will probably turn into another $hit show like the Travon case...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Smart on who's part? I happen to like my extremely antiquated hammers...

There was mention of perhaps a suspect already on film breaking into house,Where's that film?

The 2 survivors may of seen him trying to kick in a door and gave chase...While on the phone with 911 or the police?

This will probably turn into another $hit show like the Travon case...

Sorry, I'll clarify:

It's not smart to chase someone who just committed a petty crime on your property.

Giving chase in a vehicle and recording what the guy looks like is one thing. Getting a shotgun and being on the ground with him is a terrible idea.

The Trayvon case was dumb too. The guy was playing cop and looking for trouble. There's an old saying that if you go looking for trouble, you'll find it.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Two guys chasing down somebody and killing him.

They created the situation that got the guy killed.

They didn't know if he was or wasn't guilty of anything.

I'm willing to see what really shakes out, but if the above is true, they both should rot in prison.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!

I'm willing to see what really shakes out, but if the above is true, they both should rot in prison.

That’s about where I stand as well.
    They may have had good intent but it would have been better for everyone if they shot him with a camera instead.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

They did indeed create the situation. Many many alternatives to choose from.
    And finally they’re arrested

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Did they actually get arrested? I didn't see that.

Yep, they are arrested. That shooting was avoidable in so many ways. If they witnessed him packing TVs and jewelry from their neighbors house they should have still followed him and recorded. They could have stayed behind him guiding in the police but they wanted to play police. It’s been said numerous times but it’s not very smart to go chasing after people if you’re not getting paid to. One of the members of this very site was shot and killed a week or so ago confronting a car burglar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Murder in the Second Degree. They will plea bargain and probably get Life in Prison.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Did they actually get arrested? I didn't see that.
    Yup
    Yep, they are arrested. That shooting was avoidable in so many ways. If they witnessed him packing TVs and jewelry from their neighbors house they should have still followed him and recorded. They could have stayed behind him guiding in the police but they wanted to play police. It’s been said numerous times but it’s not very smart to go chasing after people if you’re not getting paid to. One of the members of this very site was shot and killed a week or so ago confronting a car burglar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree completely

What gets me is, the shooting occurred in February? The DA originally decided it was justified and said as much and then decided to recuse himself and now after the public scrutiny the case takes a 180 and they’re arrested and charged as such. I’m wondering if this is the same DA. And if so, will he keep his job after this? I don’t think he’s fit.

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Murder in the Second Degree. They will plea bargain and probably get Life in Prison.

Isn't second degree murder usually a mandatory life sentence anyways? What kind of plea would that be?

The video is a bad look. I will not blindly defend the shooter because they are white and the guy who died is black but I will hold off for now and see what evidence comes out. Too many times I see tribalism play a part on both side's ability to get to the truth. If a black guy is shot by a cop generally black people will defend him tooth and nail even if he is in the wrong. White people generally defend the cop who usually is also white and at times the cop may be in the wrong. It goes both ways.

I would like for more people to look at all the facts and then figure out what is the right thing to do. Not just blindly defend the person of their own color or background.

They went a couple months without an arrest and now that it gained all this media attention with famous people like Lebron James calling for action I knew it would not be long before something happened. Guess we will see what happens now.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Opps??? Hes a gud Baw,He did'n do nuffins

Arbery's mental health records & prior convictions help explain his apparent
    aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man .

This is a part of this story I'd like to know more about. Because the media and those seizing this as an opportunity to push their agenda (whatever that happens to be) seem to be portraying him as something totally different. Shocking, I know, but....

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If the DA said it was a justifiable killing, and then was pressured to indict, then something smells fishy in Denmark. It was reported that the father was a former investigator in the DA's office.

Above and beyond that, there has to be a new and thorough investigation on top of what the DA did to label it justifiable. They will go to trial, and blah, blah, blah. But through it all and over and above that;

THESE TWO ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY BY A JURY OF THEIR PEERS!!!!!!

There is no media in this country! There are never consequences for the outright falsehoods they spread, the careers and families they destroy, the persons they were responsible for falsely imprisoning, indicting, intimidating, or harassing. They are parasites! I have absolutely no respect for their so-called profession. I would bet if most were honest with themselves, they couldn't stare their own children in the eyes!

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Yup

I agree completely

What gets me is, the shooting occurred in February? The DA originally decided it was justified and said as much and then decided to recuse himself and now after the public scrutiny the case takes a 180 and they’re arrested and charged as such. I’m wondering if this is the same DA. And if so, will he keep his job after this? I don’t think he’s fit.

Honestly, if what we are seeing is indeed true, is there any other explanation than racism?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    This is a part of this story I'd like to know more about. Because the media and those seizing this as an opportunity to push their agenda (whatever that happens to be) seem to be portraying him as something totally different. Shocking, I know, but....

Yep, All we are seeing is a high school photo from the left media,Wheres the mug shots and rap sheet?

Top Bottom