Ahmaud Arbery....Cue the Riots????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I don’t believe he deployed the taser. The media is hyping it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not too familiar with that model Taser. It sounded like it could have been in 'stun' mode (or whatever it's called nowadays). It also sounded like he fired it and it failed to fire. You likely have more experience than I do, what are your thoughts?

Honestly, from the way he was acting I don't even know that it would have been a bad use of the Taser. Guy was going for his pockets and acting very irate and not complying. What do you think?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I'm not too familiar with that model Taser. It sounded like it could have been in 'stun' mode (or whatever it's called nowadays). It also sounded like he fired it and it failed to fire. You likely have more experience than I do, what are your thoughts?

Honestly, from the way he was acting I don't even know that it would have been a bad use of the Taser. Guy was going for his pockets and acting very irate and not complying. What do you think?

I don’t have any experience with an x26 or anything like that but my wife carries a C2 and you have deploy the barbs first and you have to pull the cartridge to go a drive stun. I’m sure the big boy version has more capabilities.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not looking good for any of these guys. Like I said the first week, I’m thinking somebody’s gonna do some time. I believe the neighbor will either walk with a slap on the wrist or get a minor sentence if anything, but Daddy and Jr are likely going down, especially in light of the problems in that department.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Not looking good for any of these guys. Like I said the first week, I’m thinking somebody’s gonna do some time. I believe the neighbor will either walk with a slap on the wrist or get a minor sentence if anything, but Daddy and Jr are likely going down, especially in light of the problems in that department.

Yep. I think they over charged the neighbor because they know they can’t prove it and he will walk or get a probation deal.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Last thing I’m going to say on this because it’s redundant. There is no evidence he stole anything from within the construction site. It was daytime and you could easily see if he was packing things away. The site owners never called the police when he was caught the first time, so apparently they didn’t want to go to court for the trial, this is usually the case. It would be a totally different scenario
    If the home next door is occupied and you see someone climbing out of their window, in the middle of the night with a tv and jewelry ,armed
    With a gun. The duo here is in a bind. There is going to be no victim of a burglary therefore I’m not sure how the law will cover them. The dead guy could easily be seen to have thought he had no other choice but to fight after he has already tried running away from them. It could be spun a thousand different ways and not many look good for the duo. If it’s not a life or death situation then the best bet is to be a great witness for when the police show up and not take action on your own.

Sorry for the necro thread, and don't get me started on how I wound up reading this thread today, BUT.....

Motor51 pretty much nailed this one over a year ago. Kuddos.....

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana

He doesnt have a cartridge on it. Which in itself is bizarre. He triggered a five second exposure with no cartridge, so it was only capable of touch stun.

That looks to be the older X26. It would have grey, yellow or green blast doors on the end, if it has a cartridge. Only the X2 can do warning arc's, and has two cartridges.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I don’t have any experience with an x26 or anything like that but my wife carries a C2 and you have deploy the barbs first and you have to pull the cartridge to go a drive stun. I’m sure the big boy version has more capabilities.
    You can use the C2 for touch stun except the cartridge will fire. Meaning if you are very close contact distance you can deploy the cartridge and both barbs will fire very close and not have effective NMI, but then you can move the C2 to a lower extremity and touch stun with the open contacts on the cartridge (without removing it) and complete the loop and achieve NMI.

BUT you cannot walk away and let it run for 30 seconds (as designed) because the barb spread is not wide enough to keep the person down.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    There was no lawful citizen's arrest, because they witnessed no felony crime.

That makes what they did 'Unlawful Detention', at best, 'Kidnapping' in all probability.

The former LEO 'should' have known this.

If someone attempts to kidnap me, and in the process shoves a shotgun in my face, I'm going to grab it, and attempt to insert said shotgun in a cavity of the kidnapper. It's just how men react. Real men, . . . , anyways.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    There was no lawful citizen's arrest, because they witnessed no felony crime.

That makes what they did 'Unlawful Detention', at best, 'Kidnapping' in all probability.

The former LEO 'should' have known this.

If someone attempts to kidnap me, and in the process shoves a shotgun in my face, I'm going to grab it, and attempt to insert said shotgun in a cavity of the kidnapper. It's just how men react. Real men, . . . , anyways.
    I do have to agree with you sir on the first part. That was just dumb. Call 911 and be a good witness, it ends there.

Kinda shook my head on the second part. Did you really say you would have done exactly what the dead guy did ? It didn't work out too well for him, maybe you and he could chose a different course of action as "real men." Just a thought.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I do have to agree with you sir on the first part. That was just dumb. Call 911 and be a good witness, it ends there.

Kinda shook my head on the second part. Did you really say you would have done exactly what the dead guy did ? It didn't work out too well for him, maybe you and he could chose a different course of action as "real men." Just a thought.

I’m thinking the guy ran up and down the street and around the block. He was probably gassed and when the guy got out with the shotgun he was out of steam and it’s do or die time.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    In 2017 we watch video of a foul mouthed, disrespectful, pants beneath his ass, fake fur collared budding park rapper. In 2020 we're presented with a fresh faced joy of a citizen, a neighborhood jogger simply enjoying a walking tour of unfinished residential construction projects. Talk amongst yourselves.

Eagle Eyes

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2020
    Ruston
    In 2017 we watch video of a foul mouthed, disrespectful, pants beneath his ass, fake fur collared budding park rapper. In 2020 we're presented with a fresh faced joy of a citizen, a neighborhood jogger simply enjoying a walking tour of unfinished residential construction projects. Talk amongst yourselves.
    Daddy and jr. are murderers. Makes all those things you Listed above negligible.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom