Ahmaud Arbery....Cue the Riots????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Two guys chasing down somebody and killing him.

They created the situation that got the guy killed.

Were they "chasing" him though? They were in front of him and he ran toward them, and around the truck. I'm not black, but even as your average white guy here, I wouldn't run TOWARD 2 rednecks in a truck with visibly drawn weapons, under any circumstances. I would certainly think that someone guilty of something would do a pivot and run the other way. I didn't understand that at all. It doesn't make sense.

Complete supposition on my part, but a more logical explanation would be that they passed him and insulted him in some fashion and then stopped. He caught up to them to confront them, because he is young and thinks he is indestructible, and was shot. I just don't know why an unarmed alleged criminal would run toward armed vigilantes.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Were they "chasing" him though? They were in front of him and he ran toward them, and around the truck. I'm not black, but even as your average white guy here, I wouldn't run TOWARD 2 rednecks in a truck with visibly drawn weapons, under any circumstances. I would certainly think that someone guilty of something would do a pivot and run the other way. I didn't understand that at all. It doesn't make sense.

Complete supposition on my part, but a more logical explanation would be that they passed him and insulted him in some fashion and then stopped. He caught up to them to confront them, because he is young and thinks he is indestructible, and was shot. I just don't know why an unarmed alleged criminal would run toward armed vigilantes.

Must have been chasing him in reverse,That' the way the press see's it,So it has to be true!

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Honestly, if what we are seeing is indeed true, is there any other explanation than racism?

Could just be a couple of mean SOBs or two guys who had guns and thought they were some kind of authority when they weren't. Racism gets throw around so loosely when its whites doing something to blacks. Could have very well ended up the same way if the guy was white instead of black. The color of skin may have not been the catalyst for what the end result was.

Not saying it wasn't. Just that its not 100% all it could have been.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The video is pretty damning regardless of what happened before the video started. Even if the guy was a burglar you can't shoot him while he is running away, if that is what he was doing. It looks like from what you can see in the video that he was just jogging, I would imagine if he was running from the scene of a crime he wouldn't be running towards the people that were chasing him. We will never know the full story.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I believe they were following him then drove in front of him to stop him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Seems they tried to cut him off. Maybe he kept jogging trying to ignore them but when they pulled in front and he tried to go around while continuing to ignore them. When he saw the gun he could have figured he can’t outrun a bullet so it’s time to fight. I’m just guessing but we will never know the whole truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    This. Seems they tried to cut him off. Maybe he kept jogging trying to ignore them but when they pulled in front and he tried to go around while continuing to ignore them. When he saw the gun he could have figured he can’t outrun a bullet so it’s time to fight. I’m just guessing but we will never know the whole truth.

How often does that happen to you? You pull up behind a suspect, pass him up and stop, and he keeps running right up to your unit with you standing there, weapon out? I just can't get my head wrapped around any of this making sense... There has to be more to it that, you're right, we may never know.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Yep. This seems like one of the plausibility theories. If he didn’t do anything, all he knew was there were some armed people harassing him and trying to get him to stop. At that point, might he feel that rushing the aggressors is the best choice for defending himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    How often does that happen to you? You pull up behind a suspect, pass him up and stop, and he keeps running right up to your unit with you standing there, weapon out? I just can't get my head wrapped around any of this making sense... There has to be more to it that, you're right, we may never know.

Running past a uniformed office, in a cop car, with flashy blue lights that are stupid bright, who is yelling 'Police, stop!' is much different than running past two fat dudes in a pickup truck.

Playing devils advocate, he may have been trying to get around the truck and get somewhere safe away from two sketchy dudes with a gun.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I’d like to know who was filming and why, was he actually jogging? I’m sure there is a lot more to this story. Doesn’t in any was give the guys in the truck to kill him. Not in the snapshot of time I saw on the video. We must remember this is an election year. Lots of time has gone by before this hit the media. I’m waiting on the rest of the story. Tragic either way.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Not really apples to apples but I’ve had it happen.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Not really apples to apples but I’ve had it happen.

Ok, maybe an unmarked unit is a better comparison. :dogkeke: I'm just saying that none of it falls in line with a survival instinct. He was way behind that truck. He could have run the other way or turned into a yard and those guys would have had no chance to get at him. Most petty criminals are dumb, but they generally know how to survive on the street. Maybe he was just a dumb innocent jogger that didn't think it was a big deal to run past the two idiots in the truck with guns out. Like I said, though, as an innocent man, I woulda still run the other way... None of this adds up... I predict that there is going to be a big twist in this story that comes out at some point. (Carole Baskin did it...)

And I think Joe Exotic ought to play the guy in the back of the truck!

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    What drug is it that makes a person think they are bullet proof and charge a 12 gauge? Or a LEO for that matter?

Stupidity and mojo come to mind

Top Bottom