Ahmaud Arbery....Cue the Riots????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    The charges were filed by the third prosecutor to get the case. The first two recused themselves. It took the new prosecutor a whole day to arrest them. And the two white guys say there have been burglaries in the area. The new prosecutor said they could not find any complaints about burglaries.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok, maybe an unmarked unit is a better comparison. :dogkeke: I'm just saying that none of it falls in line with a survival instinct. He was way behind that truck. He could have run the other way or turned into a yard and those guys would have had no chance to get at him. Most petty criminals are dumb, but they generally know how to survive on the street. Maybe he was just a dumb innocent jogger that didn't think it was a big deal to run past the two idiots in the truck with guns out. Like I said, though, as an innocent man, I woulda still run the other way... None of this adds up... I predict that there is going to be a big twist in this story that comes out at some point. (Carole Baskin did it...)

And I think Joe Exotic ought to play the guy in the back of the truck!

What drug is it that makes a person think they are bullet proof and charge a 12 gauge? Or a LEO for that matter?

What if there's not more to the story? What if an innocent jogger planned to jog around the guys but recognized the situation as two armed white guys trying to stop him? He's not going to outrun the shotgun pellets so the next best option is to try to overpower the armed aggressor.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    What if there's not more to the story? What if an innocent jogger planned to jog around the guys but recognized the situation as two armed white guys trying to stop him? He's not going to outrun the shotgun pellets so the next best option is to try to overpower the armed aggressor.

What if,What if, What if his rap sheet comes out as a B&E dude on probation?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Activities before the shooting

On the afternoon of Arbery's death, he entered a house under construction, triggering the owner's security system and recording video. Arbery's aunt subsequently identified him on the owner's video, saying that he was "looking, not stealing anything".[17] However, Waycross District Attorney George Barnhill wrote that there is video of Arbery "burglarizing a home immediately preceding the chase and confrontation".[20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Ahmaud_Arbery

OOpss?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Activities before the shooting

On the afternoon of Arbery's death, he entered a house under construction, triggering the owner's security system and recording video. Arbery's aunt subsequently identified him on the owner's video, saying that he was "looking, not stealing anything".[17] However, Waycross District Attorney George Barnhill wrote that there is video of Arbery "burglarizing a home immediately preceding the chase and confrontation".[20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Ahmaud_Arbery

OOpss?

So if these claims are true, does this make this Justifiable homicide?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I give up. What if it does?

Every-time I go jogging,I stop and jog my azz onto someone else's property, Into the ''newly constructed home'' just looking mind you....

But when I get caught,I jog my azz down the street...Looking for a fight cause I got caught trespassing..at the very least.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Every-time I go jogging,I stop and jog my azz onto someone else's property, Into the ''newly constructed home'' just looking mind you....

But when I get caught,I jog my azz down the street...Looking for a fight cause I got caught trespassing..at the very least.

If he was running away from a burglary carrying a 42" TV this would still be murder.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    *Yes*

There are limitations.
    It really depends on the county. Texas isn’t what it once was as far as being a freedom loving state. Houston, Austin, San Antonio and some other big cities and counties are really leaning hard left. Even if you are within your legal right to use deadly force there is a good chance you will still be charged and spend lots of money to prove your innocence. I’m in Harris County where the chief (Houston PD) is a hard leftist and was praised by our president. Scary stuff.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It really depends on the county. Texas isn’t what it once was as far as being a freedom loving state. Houston, Austin, San Antonio and some other big cities and counties are really leaning hard left. Even if you are within your legal right to use deadly force there is a good chance you will still be charged and spend lots of money to prove your innocence. I’m in Harris County where the chief (Houston PD) is a hard leftist and was praised by our president. Scary stuff.

Yeah, we know that guy. Lotta controversy surrounding him.
    a35b3f4281fdb9506a527b27de58b387.jpg

6894f6cfc889cf32580f38d3b93947df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If he was running away from a burglary carrying a 42" TV this would still be murder.

Yeah you right !

Exactly. Nothing I've heard so far has convinced me civilians should have used lethal force to stop someone who committed a property crime. Standing in front of someone with a firearm in his had can reasonably be viewed as lethal force, even before the jogger/burglar/whatever ran around the other side of the truck and then charged the guy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom