Ahmaud Arbery....Cue the Riots????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm thinking negligent homicide tops.

I'm going to guess that it's a long trial and that they ultimately get off. It'll be hard to find unbiased jurors who can be persuaded, but eventually, they'll get some.

What they did is by no means right or smart, but it sounds like it may be legal due to very specific circumstances.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I'm going to guess that it's a long trial and that they ultimately get off. It'll be hard to find unbiased jurors who can be persuaded, but eventually, they'll get some.

What they did is by no means right or smart, but it sounds like it may be legal due to very specific circumstances.

Sounds like we need a poll started?

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.
    Innocent until proven guilty is a legal concept. People are welcome to jump to whatever conclusions they want as fast as they want. And aren't some people in here jumping to the "they're innocent" conclusion based on an incomplete set of facts?

You are innocent until proven guilty.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas

Agreed. They won’t get murder IMO, may get let off completely (ie Zimmerman v Trayvon Martin) or could get a lesser conviction. Protests will ensue unless they both get life IMO, may ensue regardless.

They were so dumb to pull out front and try to confront the victim. Following the guy in a vehicle and waiting for police would have been more appropriate.

BUT in the video the victim is seen running around the vehicle then towards the guy with shotgun and starting a physical altercation. It was not physical until then. while the shooter certainly set the stage for a physical altercation, it only escalated when the victim took action. One may argue that the action of starting a physical altercation was the victims act of self defense, but it is my opinion that the law will favor the shooter as he only used deadly force after being physically attacked.

Not saying it is right, just the most likely outcome IMO.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Maybe not

Owner of building site Ahmaud Arbery entered 'getting death threats'
    https://mol.im/a/8317065

Of course he is!

Mob mentality and discontent does not live in a vacuum. Most of these so-called "injustices" are just the catalyst for a good ol' "let's get em" fest! Almost always sowed by race baiters, society elitist, and political phonies that live for constant racial divide.

I have heard democrat phonies use the word racist over a hundred times on t.v. so far this year, and it's only May and I don't even watch CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, or ABC. :doh:

I guess we should all be happy that at least Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson may have out-lived their usefulness as the pre-eminent race hustlers du jour. However, could be, maybe; they are just waiting for the right time. :ninja:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    This guy clearly entered a property that was posted. He clearly attacked the guy with the gun. GA apparently allows for a citizens arrest or at least detainment.

He wasn’t shot for trespassing, he was being pursued/detained for trespassing, just like Michael Gray was being detained for selling loose cigs. He was shot for assaulting an armed citizen attempting to detain him. It doesn’t matter if the victim wants to press charges or is even aware of the incident, an officer can arrest or detain someone he witnessed or suspected of committing a crime. In Georgia apparently so can civilians.

We don’t have to like that this young man is dead. We don’t have to like that it’s at the hands of a civilian. And we don’t have to like the way if all went down but based on what I see it’s self defense. And we should be careful with the ‘mind your own business’ mentality because more often than not tragedies are prevented by people who don’t mind their own business than they are created.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I'm not sure why you would mention this as this is close to, but not quite, the opposite of what happened in Georgia. Here you had a woman with no weapon stopping to assist when the police were already engaged in a physical altercation. In Georgia, you had an armed man attempt to detain what he felt was a burglary suspect before the police arrived. By presenting the opposite scenario, are you suggesting the outcome of the busybodies should also be the opposite as well, she gets the award and he gets jail time?

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    This guy clearly entered a property that was posted. He clearly attacked the guy with the gun. GA apparently allows for a citizens arrest or at least detainment.

He wasn’t shot for trespassing, he was being pursued/detained for trespassing, just like Michael Gray was being detained for selling loose cigs. He was shot for assaulting an armed citizen attempting to detain him. It doesn’t matter if the victim wants to press charges or is even aware of the incident, an officer can arrest or detain someone he witnessed or suspected of committing a crime. In Georgia apparently so can civilians.

We don’t have to like that this young man is dead. We don’t have to like that it’s at the hands of a civilian. And we don’t have to like the way if all went down but based on what I see it’s self defense. And we should be careful with the ‘mind your own business’ mentality because more often than not tragedies are prevented by people who don’t mind their own business than they are created.

What was the rush to capture vs follow and give the info to responding officers? The situations you used as examples are very far from this situation. I’ll give you a quick example of how things can get crazy even for an off duty police officer. I know of an officer who was driving down I-12 and thought he observed a crime being committed because it was illegal in his jurisdiction. After he held the person at gunpoint and the local officers arrived he was informed that there was no law against what the guy was doing in this jurisdiction. The officer was very fortunate the victim did not want to press charges. It’s best if it’s not life or death to let the local
    Authorities take care of it. It’s real easy to get something wrong and end up in a trick bag. Just remember, the original crime they were pursuing him for was not actually a crime. This will all play into a federal civil rights trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I'm not sure why you would mention this as this is close to, but not quite, the opposite of what happened in Georgia. Here you had a woman with no weapon stopping to assist when the police were already engaged in a physical altercation. In Georgia, you had an armed man attempt to detain what he felt was a burglary suspect before the police arrived. By presenting the opposite scenario, are you suggesting the outcome of the busybodies should also be the opposite as well, she gets the award and he gets jail time?

A private citizen saw a need and stepped up to the plate to help prevent a crime. She wasn’t a cop and had no obligation to step into the fray, but she did and may have saved one or both of those guys lives.

It sounds like that’s what Mutt and Jeff set out to do, but chose to use deadly force when the suspect attacked them.

Now following and confronting a suspect with a shotgun in hand is not be ideal. I’m certain you know it’s not a tactic I would choose for myself in most every scenario, but nosey neighbors save lives and property all the time. Bystanders who decide they can’t just be a bystander and let bad things happen save lives and property.

Had this guy been a good ole CCer and stopped the suspect politely and the suspect complied and waited for the police to show up it would have been a win for the good guys.

Weak and possibly incendiary tactics from Mutt and Jeff, combined with the fake jogger/real criminal choosing to assault Mutt turned this into a bad day for all. It’s hard to win a fist fight with two hand holding a shotgun.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge

He wasn’t shot for trespassing, he was being pursued/detained for trespassing, just like Michael Gray was being detained for selling loose cigs. He was shot for assaulting an armed citizen attempting to detain him.

I thought the 1st shot came when they were in front of the truck, out of view of the camera. How do you know he attacked first? The weapon may have been discharged before the runner "attacked" him.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    A private citizen saw a need and stepped up to the plate to help prevent a crime. She wasn’t a cop and had no obligation to step into the fray, but she did and may have saved one or both of those guys lives.

It sounds like that’s what Mutt and Jeff set out to do, but chose to use deadly force when the suspect attacked them.

Now following and confronting a suspect with a shotgun in hand is not be ideal. I’m certain you know it’s not a tactic I would choose for myself in most every scenario, but nosey neighbors save lives and property all the time. Bystanders who decide they can’t just be a bystander and let bad things happen save lives and property.

Had this guy been a good ole CCer and stopped the suspect politely and the suspect complied and waited for the police to show up it would have been a win for the good guys.

Weak and possibly incendiary tactics from Mutt and Jeff, combined with the fake jogger/real criminal choosing to assault Mutt turned this into a bad day for all. It’s hard to win a fist fight with two hand holding a shotgun.

That was protecting life, still not the same as a construction site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom