Ahmaud Arbery....Cue the Riots????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    Besides the fact that parts of this incident are sketchy at the least, If you want to live, DON'T TRY TO YANK A SHOTGUN AWAY FROM SOMEONE!!!!

How they gonna RIOT if it has to be 10 people or less due to COVID restrictions?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    OK. I should clarify that statement with: "Without proper technique".

Better now?

Sorry...that case popped into my head when i read your post. Yes, it's not advisable to grab a shotgun. I only saw a quick clip of the video and only saw it once. From what I understand, grabbing the shotgun may have been Ahmaud Arbery's best option.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    I'm not too keen on the story, but it seems like some dudes chased a guy and shot him?

We will likely never know the truth. The Media will only put out anything that makes gun owners look bad. The "Story" is that the "Good Ole Boys" witness the deceased attempting a breakin and chased him down where a tussle ensured and a shotgun was discharged striking the deceased. The "Media" is wetting their panties hoping for riots to ensue.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    Sorry...that case popped into my head when i read your post. Yes, it's not advisable to grab a shotgun. I only saw a quick clip of the video and only saw it once. From what I understand, grabbing the shotgun may have been Ahmaud Arbery's best option.

I feel that his best option was to sit down and wait for a LEO to show up. Definitely not approach the person with a shotgun.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Main point of contention is whether they saw him try to break and enter or if they saw him running and thought he looked like a suspect from a previous break and enter... Either way this is not the wild West... Was trying to stop the guy like that when there was no immediate threat the right thing? I honestly think there is some truth in the racism in this case... I'm worried about what is going to happen...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Main point of contention is whether they saw him try to break and enter or if they saw him running and thought he looked like a suspect from a previous break and enter... Either way this is not the wild West... Was trying to stop the guy like that when there was no immediate threat the right thing? I honestly think there is some truth in the racism in this case... I'm worried about what is going to happen...

I don't know much about the case, but with my limited knowledge I am going to monday morning quarterback it and say that the best bet is to snap a video on a cell phone and give the police a clear description of the guy and where he went. Chasing after a guy who may or may not have a weapon is no bueno. Not worth getting shot over and certainly not worth (potentially) getting into a struggle with a (potentially) innocent guy who feels threatened.

I mean if two guys with guns start coming after me on a run wanting to 'talk,' I am going to feel threatened.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The video looks damning. While I am not black I
    can understand how this can,would,may inflame.
    Always ask yourself, what if this was my son, cousin, etc.
    I think it definitely should be investigated and if warranted the appropriate charges filed. Unless your life is threatened there is not justification to kill.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So what we see is some folks in a truck fighting a man.

If the story is that they chased him down, they are in the wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps if the "good ole boys" had waited for the police instead of approaching someone with a shotgun they wouldn't be in jail.

This.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    They either cannot protest or main stream media won't be able to cover it with their normal narrative because of how they portrayed the corona protests in other states.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Well, that's certainly a compelling case put together by the DA.

I still argue that even if legal, the two guys shouldn't go chasing after someone who committed a crime as they aren't police, aren't in the best shape, seemingly lack decent training, and aren't wearing armor. They also don't appear to have any means of easily restraining someone, should that become necessary. Just not the best idea.

Is it a legal shoot? Maybe?
    is it a preventable shoot? Absolutely.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    always remember:
    you aint no sheep dawg, you aint no cop. you neither get paid to protect others property, nor protected from liability or criminal suits

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Troy is right. You may get away criminally but you still have to face the civil side.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom