Food Delivery During COVID

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So, we've been using some food delivery services during this whole stay at home thing and I figured I'd share free dollars with everyone:

DoorDash is a great way to support local restaurants with safe, no-contact delivery. Get $15 off ($5 off each of your first 3 orders) when you sign up with this link: https://drd.sh/dSraoq/

Hungry? Get $7 off your first Uber Eats order. Terms apply. Use my code at checkout: eats-ny7nk http://ubr.to/EatsGiveGet

Free food is the best food! Oh and if you have a Sapphire Reserve, you get a $60 credit / year.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I’m good on affiliate links :dogkeke:

Will say this though, carettas grill is doing their family meals for $30. Hell of a deal.

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    This kind of stuff makes me wish I lived closer to town so I could get deliveries. No one wants to drive this far out to bring me food......

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    This kind of stuff makes me wish I lived closer to town so I could get deliveries. No one wants to drive this far out to bring me food......

Pluses and minuses to living in town or out of town.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I’m in the same boat. It’s worth it though for the low crime rate and quietness. Plus I don’t have to get approval from an association to do stuff on my own property

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I’m in the same boat. It’s worth it though for the low crime rate and quietness. Plus I don’t have to get approval from an association to do stuff on my own property

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hell Yeah that makes it nicer but miss the convenience of being in town...... Also can pop off a few rounds and no one cares. My neighbor is outside shooting at his range now and it's making me jealous cause I have to work......

jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    I love the convenience but these places really don't help local restaurants. They charge restaurants 33% plus 3% credit card processing. They charge the customer too, although they are always tossing out free offers. They can do that because of how hard they hit restaurants.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I love the convenience but these places really don't help local restaurants. They charge restaurants 33% plus 3% credit card processing. They charge the customer too, although they are always tossing out free offers. They can do that because of how hard they hit restaurants.

Same.

We only use it when drinking and deciding last minute not to cook dinner.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I've had a lot of good luck with Grubhub and Waitr during this whole pandemic. I will say Pizza Hut can just burn down though. Put in an order for a pizza and wings on Wednesday night. The website sent my delivery order to the wrong store so they just up and cancelled my order. No call, no email, no notifications, nothing. 2 hours later I called to find out when the food would arrive and the lady who answered was a massive bitch saying that they're busy and to call the other store. After ringing over and over for 15 minutes I got a manager who said that they couldn't help me and I could call later and hope to speak with the GM on another day. I know people are stressed out right now but hot damn!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Door dash prices are usually a rip off even with all the offers they give. My wife has been hitting the Texas Roadhouse specials regularly and doing pick up. She has also done deals at Walk-on's, Masons Grill and Willies. I think she keeps hitting up Texas Roadhouse because they give her a big ass salad and they allow some mix and matching on their specials.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    If you really want to support the restaurants, go pick it up yourself - unless the restaurant has its own delivery people. They make very little money from delivery services like Door Dash.

Top Bottom