School of the American Rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    If you have any interest in the AR-15, you should be able to appreciate this classroom/shop and collection.

I'm starting to notice how much people really hate facts when it disagrees with what they believe. Chad is upsetting the market just by putting factual information out there and I'm sure someone here would disagree with him just because they have "years of experience" behind why they continue to do something the wrong way.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm starting to notice how much people really hate facts when it disagrees with what they believe. Chad is upsetting the market just by putting factual information out there and I'm sure someone here would disagree with him just because they have "years of experience" behind why they continue to do something the wrong way.

The problem is that people don’t understand or want to accept that none of this is new. The gauges used today are based on the USGI gauges used 50+ years ago. People want to throw around *mil-spec,* but are completely unaware that even the military gauged their mil-spec parts to ensure they met the specifications in the TDP.

People hate the truth. That’s how we arrived in our current society.

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    The problem is that people don’t understand or want to accept that none of this is new. The gauges used today are based on the USGI gauges used 50+ years ago. People want to throw around *mil-spec,* but are completely unaware that even the military gauged their mil-spec parts to ensure they met the specifications in the TDP.

People hate the truth. That’s how we arrived in our current society.
    Big facts! People act like these standards just came out in 2019 when the military updated the 23&p

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Big facts! People act like these standards just came out in 2019 when the military updated the 23&p

I've literally had a "gunsmith" tell me that he puts the lower between his legs and uses a punch and hammer to "tighten" the castle nut.

Stupidity knows no bounds.

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    I've literally had a "gunsmith" tell me that he puts the lower between his legs and uses a punch and hammer to "tighten" the castle nut.

Stupidity knows no bounds.
    Torque? Is that a movie? I'm not sure what's worse at this point the "just as good" crowd or the "it works why check it" crowd.

Top Bottom