Royal Tiger M1 Carbine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    6ec959bc1b1391277e9ef7b41eb85442.jpg

4624d825f9ed1f5e2b5f07b14e2ae478.jpg

I received this Friday for Royal Tiger. While I’m not an M1 Carbine expert I’ll try to relate to you what it is that I’ve got here.

It’s a Quality Hardware receiver dating to 1944. Inland barrel from 1944 that gauges 00” at the muzzle with a shiny barrel. It was rebuilt between 1947 and 1958 at Rock Island with what I think are WW2 parts. The stock definitely has a toe repair and replacement hand guard.

This was the base priced M1 Carbine.

Dave

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    It never ceases to amaze me what I learn on BS.

Thanks Dave for your information about Royal Tiger. I went to their website. It was very interesting. I was not aware of this company.

I purchased a Grand and several M-1 carbines from the CMP, but this looks fun too, though the wife would disagree.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That’s what the rifle looks like after cleaning with Ballistol, ultra Sonics cleaning , and two coats of Tom’s gunstock wax. I like surplus rifles that look like they’ve been there and have some history on them. The plus for this rifle is that the barrel looks immaculate after cleaning.

As far as the wife she’s a real history buff, she was cleaning the sling that was on rifle. It looks great (read clean) but I don’t know if it’s WW2 issue or not. Of course it’s frayed and worn but functional like the rifle, and the wife and I too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diegotronn

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's nice looking. I like the dark stock. Who is the manufacturer? I have a commercial Plainfield that I got for free from my girlfriends father this year. Mine has the metal heat shield. Shoots great.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Nice M1 carbine. They always were my favorite for old WWII rifles. I bought my first one for $140, a postal meter I believe. A lot of those little rifles also went to Korea during the conflict if I’m not mistaken. Some I have with the later rear sights May have been there. Seems like the painted stock numbers were common on those.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I looked over the parts and it has one post WW2 military part on it. With as little wear as the barrel has compared to the rest of the weapon I suspect the barrel is not original to the rifle. But it is a WW2 manufacture by Inland of the type that Quality Hardware frequently used. I’m guessing it was rebuilt and then sent to Ethiopia as aid. I don’t think they ever shot it.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I can sort of understand removing the sight protector wings to a degree. They’re almost the same size as the front and can be acquired accidentally if you’re in a hurry. The bayonet lug? No idea. But I think some early M1’s didn’t have a bayonet lug.

Dave

Last edited:

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Early Carbines had no bayo lug. pic from my early Winchester
    70aLFXEm.jpg

Also had flip sights and push safety
    t6jzAHEm.jpg

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks I thought they didn’t initially have bayonet lugs.

So I have a funny story that read recently about Quality Hardware receivers. Apparently Quality subcontracted some of receivers to a company Union Tool and Switch or something like that. Those receivers were sent to the military with Un Quality stamped into them for their manufacturers mark.

Could you imagine in 1943 being issued a rifle marked Un Quality? The army got wind of it and stopped them from using that stamping. So those M1’s are some of the most rare out there apparently.l with only about 29,000 of them being made.

Dave

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That’s a pretty one buttanic with early features. Is that the original stock or did you replace it at some point?

Dave

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    That’s a pretty one buttanic with early features. Is that the original stock or did you replace it at some point?

Dave

Original, at least when I bough it. It doesn't have any indications of an arsenal rebuild.

Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Actually they weren't very plentiful, M1 Garands were much more common. I paid $75 for it, about the price of a new Colt 1911 at the time, Garands were cheaper.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom