Post your favorite Air Fryer/Instapot recipes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2020
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey everyone, for those that use an air fryer (yes, I realize it's really a convection oven, not a fryer) what are some of your favorite dishes/recipes? I like to take a fresh bag of chicken wings, season with Lawrys, lightly coat with oil, and air fry at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. I toss them in a mixture of melted butter and Frank's Red Hot. Absolutely amazing! If I never used it for anything else it would still be worth it just for these incredible wings.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh man, right at the peak of my Buffalo Wild Wings withdrawals you bring up hot wings...
    we have a instapot. I can boil eggs with it.

My propane oil-less fryer I can actually cook with.
    I like to take a big Boston butt, do a little injecting and season then lace it in some super thick bacon and slow cook. Ted Torres introduced me to that one.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Look up instant pot kalua pork and use that. I would buy the pork and do it without making the sauce and then throw it in the air fryer for texture and toss in some bbq sauce for a quick pulled pork sandwhich/taco

Also the air fryer is great at re-heating pizza, tastes just as good if not better than it did the first time. Reheats fried chicken well also. I use my air fryer in place of the microwave and also bake in it at 20-25% less temp/time

I'm about to make some breaded pork chops in my air fryer for dinner (salt pepper, flour, egg and bread crumb panko mix)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have an instapot dip that my friends are always requesting:

All are cooked in the IP:
    1 tube of Jimmy Dean Sausage (cook first, then add the below)
    1 can regular rotel
    1 can chilli fixins rotel
    1 can diced green chilis
    Tony's seasoning, to taste

After everything above has cooked together, add:
    1 large block velveeta cheese
    1 block cream cheese

Eat with chips or over anything

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    Don’t shoot me, pun intended, but I enjoy doing ribeyes in mine. 6 min @ 400 per side comes out just right. Usually I marinate it for a couple hours to a few days in Worcestershire sauce. Then a small amount of salt and a good bit of pepper just before cooking. I usually pat dry each sides then pat the top after I flip. Then season the former bottom side.

ive also done turkey tenderloin which came out amazing. Marinated for 4 days in franks wing sauce, low sodium soy sauce, cayenne, Italian seasoning, lil slap ya mama’s and red pepper flakes. 14 min per side at 380. Comes out juicy with a almost a crust.

turkey wings, injected and marinated for about 3 days.

gonna try chicken legs tomorrow.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Don’t shoot me, pun intended, but I enjoy doing ribeyes in mine. 6 min @ 400 per side comes out just right. Usually I marinate it for a couple hours to a few days in Worcestershire sauce. Then a small amount of salt and a good bit of pepper just before cooking. I usually pat dry each sides then pat the top after I flip. Then season the former bottom side.

ive also done turkey tenderloin which came out amazing. Marinated for 4 days in franks wing sauce, low sodium soy sauce, cayenne, Italian seasoning, lil slap ya mama’s and red pepper flakes. 14 min per side at 380. Comes out juicy with a almost a crust.

turkey wings, injected and marinated for about 3 days.

gonna try chicken legs tomorrow.

I must not have a fancy version of the InstaPot that allows for temperature selection...but I might try to get one because all of that sounds freaking delicious.

Guessing you aren't using pressure option for either?

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    I must not have a fancy version of the InstaPot that allows for temperature selection...but I might try to get one because all of that sounds freaking delicious.

Guessing you aren't using pressure option for either?
    The one I have is pretty basic. PowerXL 5 qt. It doesn’t have pressure. I HAD to have one that day. I wish I would have gotten one that Is also a pressure cooker as well as one that bigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom