FRC Range BR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IJS

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The wife and I had one of those rare, kidless days today. We have both been dying to get to the range, so that's what we did with our allotted free time.

At the suggestion of multiple members of this site, we decided to check out FRC. Man. I was impressed. They did not let down and it was everything we were hoping for. Very clean and kept up, with great staff.

We both normally shoot at Precision, just because it's close to where we live. And it's great, nothing against Precision.

But, FRC just seemed like a step up. I also found the staff to be particularly kind and helpful - I'm a huge fan of great customer service, seems hard to find these days, and these guys nailed it.

Will definitely be going again and I will probably be doing all my future FFL transfers through them.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Can’t say enough great things about FRC!
    Thanks for posting up your experience there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I live in NOLA but have visited FRC and had the same impression. Bunch of nice guys (even offered me pizza), clean facility, and they even gave me a tour of where the classes are done.

I’ve been trying to get a group together to take a class there one day

IJS

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I live in NOLA but have visited FRC and had the same impression. Bunch of nice guys (even offered me pizza), clean facility, and they even gave me a tour of where the classes are done.

I’ve been trying to get a group together to take a class there one day

Haha, that's awesome! Their classes look spectacular, I'd love to take one. PM me if you ever manage to get a group to go to a class, I'd love to join or even if you decide to come give it a visit and need a shooting buddy.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    PM me too, I might try to join and come take a class with y'all!

Scoie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2020
    I’ll check them out. Everyone can’t all be wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I might go shoot Sunday or Monday. TBD.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    took my ccw renewal there, great class. shot there a few times. the RO's are on top of it. a couple of yahoos one time got a stopped and a talking to, and a pair of noob shooters got some really helpful 1 on 1 from them.

noahvale

shootist
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Redstick
    Just adding to the good reviews. Clean with cool AC in the summer. Good place to just hang out and read from their extensive library of books.
    They just broke ground for the new rifle range, so soon the existing range will be pistol only.

IJS

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's awesome, noahvale! I didn't realize that was happening.

Since I made this post, FRC has become the only range I go to now lol. I stand by my first post.

Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I also only go to FRC now.

The safety and satisfaction of their patrons seems to be priority since they have dedicated RSOs at all times and excellent customer service.
    Places I’ve shot at previously would have the staff attempting to man the counter and monitor the range which seemed unsafe.

I’ve watched the staff go out of their way to make sure patrons are educated and seen them *Go the extra mile*.

Went there once to test fire an AR I had built and it wouldn’t function. The staff helped me try to diagnose the issue by trying out my upper on one of their lowers and swapping BCGs etc Was able to pass this information on to the smith who assembled it. They also Noticed I was only there to test and zero that weapon and I had already paid the range fee so they gave me a card for a free range session for next time.

Since that trip I have used them exclusively for transfers etc

Would highly recommend!

noahvale

shootist
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Redstick
    They have a great head of security and customer service manager. Gunner is a stray who they adopted. He is a husky mix with a little wolf mixed in.

gunner.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom