Old Shotgun needs love. Help!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inkyy70053

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Gretna, Louisiana
    Hello all, I was given a very old single shot crack barrel 12 g after the death of my wife’s grandfather. While it probably doesn’t have much in the way of any monetary value it does have quite a bit of sentimentality. It is missing the stock and for-grip (all the wood) the rest seems rebuildable. I’m not looking to restore it to a museum piece, just well enough to present it to my mother in law as a show of respect for the old man. Any ideas as to where I could send it for restoration that wouldn’t require a second mortgage? Thanks for any help I can get. KJR

Inkyy70053

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Gretna, Louisiana
    Hi Abby, hows things on the Eastside lol, barrel is old and doesn’t have anything but proof marks that I can tell, just looking for a simple fixer upper job. And a way to shoulder it. It won’t be used probably ever. Just like my weps operational.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Where yat Inkyy. First thing is to get the mfg name from the barrel. Then check out Numrich gun parts https://www.gunpartscorp.com or Brownells for your stock. After that it's how functional and pretty you want to make it.
    Agreed. If you can ascertain the make/model, you’ll most likely be able to locate stocks for the gun, which is half the job. If it’s not a rust bucket, I recommend leaving the steel alone. Natural patina on an old shotgun is way more desirable than making it look factory new, unless you’re looking for a complete restoration on a good shooter. I’ve done a few over the years but wouldn’t want to dive into creating custom stocks.
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?176370-Free-shotgun/page3

Last edited:

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Contact Outback Gun Parts
    (812) 945-0480
    He may have an old stock set for the gun.
    If you’re not sure of the model, ask if you send him pics to ID it.

Top Bottom