Old Shotgun needs love. Help!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inkyy70053

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Gretna, Louisiana
    Hello all, I was given a very old single shot crack barrel 12 g after the death of my wife’s grandfather. While it probably doesn’t have much in the way of any monetary value it does have quite a bit of sentimentality. It is missing the stock and for-grip (all the wood) the rest seems rebuildable. I’m not looking to restore it to a museum piece, just well enough to present it to my mother in law as a show of respect for the old man. Any ideas as to where I could send it for restoration that wouldn’t require a second mortgage? Thanks for any help I can get. KJR

Inkyy70053

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Gretna, Louisiana
    Hi Abby, hows things on the Eastside lol, barrel is old and doesn’t have anything but proof marks that I can tell, just looking for a simple fixer upper job. And a way to shoulder it. It won’t be used probably ever. Just like my weps operational.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Where yat Inkyy. First thing is to get the mfg name from the barrel. Then check out Numrich gun parts https://www.gunpartscorp.com or Brownells for your stock. After that it's how functional and pretty you want to make it.
    Agreed. If you can ascertain the make/model, you’ll most likely be able to locate stocks for the gun, which is half the job. If it’s not a rust bucket, I recommend leaving the steel alone. Natural patina on an old shotgun is way more desirable than making it look factory new, unless you’re looking for a complete restoration on a good shooter. I’ve done a few over the years but wouldn’t want to dive into creating custom stocks.
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?176370-Free-shotgun/page3

Last edited:

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Contact Outback Gun Parts
    (812) 945-0480
    He may have an old stock set for the gun.
    If you’re not sure of the model, ask if you send him pics to ID it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom